• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Exodus (post Spring Game portal activity)

Man . . . did not want to lose Allen. He seemed like he had something special that the other backs didn't. But I knew we wouldn't keep all of them.
I think most would agree this year is what it is. Rhule is gonna take it down to the studs if he has to. We gotta rid our house of all of the Margarita stains. If that means we lose a few players we don't want to, so be it.

Man . . . did not want to lose Allen. He seemed like he had something special that the other backs didn't. But I knew we wouldn't keep all of them.
I did think he could be more of an all purpose back but I figured he didn't want to share snaps.

From On3:
Transfers In. 12
Transfers Out. 25

5-STARS​

0/0

4-STARS​

0/1

3-STARS​

12/25

I knew one or more of our RBs would leave; I just hoped it wouldn't be him. Ervin has been getting a lot of attention and I see why. He looks like a Greek god. However, when he gets on the field, there's something missing. Just my two cents.

Allen is going to be very successful wherever he goes. I don't care how much depth we have at the position - this is a big loss.
Well when Allen was on the field in the spring game he was missing the ball. As in FUMBLE.

I think most would agree this year is what it is. Rhule is gonna take it down to the studs if he has to. We gotta rid our house of all of the Margarita stains. If that means we lose a few players we don't want to, so be it.

I think he's been pretty savvy with his handling of the roster, especially publicly. We all knew the roster that closed out the Iowa game was going to change and like you said, we'd lose a few. Rhule has kept it all in house and professional. I think the players likely appreciate that as well.

Looking at this as a whole now that the window is closed. Total losses seem to be 1 possible/likely starter (Hausmann) 2 quality backups (Casey, Ajay) and some depth pieces (Alante Brown, Wynn, Smothers). The rest of the dudes likely not seeing the field. Some room for interpretation there for sure.

If you had told me that would be the total damage when Rhule was hired, I would have been ecstatic. In this day and age, I think that level of attrition is something I'd take in a normal year, let alone the first year of a new coaching staff. Good work by Rhule and his staff to keep that level of buy-in from contributors and hopefully it carries over to success in the fall.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back