• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The end of college football

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
https://www.espn.com/chalk/insider/story/_/id/27862486/best-bets-week-8-college-football-games

It seems our politicians want to ruin football too and make a stupid California law national. There is no way that high profile players at places like Alabama won't make more money than someone playing at BYU. They say they want to put "guardrails" in place to prevent any negative consequences. Really? That's exactly what I want.....government control of college football's negative consequences. So at what point will a female point guard at South Dakota state demand to make equal pay and endorsements from the point guard at Kansas? These are public institutions that will be subject to any fairness or equity suit any students wants to apply to it once the government gets involved. It makes you wonder if we aren't climbing an uphill battle at Nebraska that will never get better no matter how good of a job that SF does.

I agree entirely for a great many reasons. It's sad because I really like watching college football and it will be gone as we know it. I suppose I could enjoy college club football, but I doubt it would be televised.

This crap is coming. It's sad. This is only the 1st step.

The only way to make it fair and keep the armature "student-athlete" in place is to put a cap on what can be made (fair to all schools) and it goes in a trust fund until they graduate. When they graduate, they get the money. If they don't graduate and leave early it goes back into a general athletic fund for the school.

much of the money being donated to colleges will dry up and be replaced by athlete endorsement packages. Each institution will market their athletes by the amount of money available to them in these athlete endorsement packages. Essentially it goes like this. Nick Saban to recruit...……"our student athletes on the football team received over 17 million dollars in endorsement money last year." Same recruit being talked to by another less popular school. "Last year our student athletes received over a million dollars in endorsement money." Yep......this will certainly fix college sports and the NCAA.

Last edited:
This will never happen.....

Due to Title IX, women’s athletes would have to get paid the equivalent of their male counterparts. Would never happen, and could never happen due to lawsuits galore that will follow.

Don’t worry friends, CFB is safe.

I do however think the XFL or one of these jabroni leagues would have a lot more success by making a feeder league into the NFL by allowing HS seniors who want to get paid right away, to play. Those days I do think are coming shortly.

This will never happen.....

Due to Title IX, women’s athletes would have to get paid the equivalent of their male counterparts. Would never happen, and could never happen due to lawsuits galore that will follow.

Don’t worry friends, CFB is safe.

I do however think the XFL or one of these jabroni leagues would have a lot more success by making a feeder league into the NFL by allowing HS seniors who want to get paid right away, to play. Those days I do think are coming shortly.
I agree with your reasoning on the consequences but disagree on it never happening. It already passed and is being implemented in California.

If it happens on a national scale, the amounts would have to be equal across all programs to ideally prevent one program having an advantage over another. Even still, it's a slippery slope.

I am so sick of our politicians. They screw everything up. We need to purge them all from office and start over.

California schools that implement this law need to be banned from NCAA participation immediately.

Some people hate America and will do anything to help us undermine out own society.

The best thing to do is smile... AND do nothing. They need your help to destroy the game.

Part-time job
Some meal money
Warm bed

... beyond that, suck it up buttercup.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back