• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Black Jerseys

I would think the team won't wear these against Iowa since that is one of their primary colors, but I could be wrong. I'd rather see them in a night game against OSU, but that's just me.

Okay, but the post you quoted was referencing a good defensive performance so you can see my point. Personally I don't see how it is a bad idea, they could lose to anyone left on the schedule and it is better to lose wearing them against OSU verses wearing them for Indiana and losing.

C
The odds of us getting embarrassed by Ohio St are significantly higher than Indiana

Actually he did not rule it out. He said "Maybe" not this year.

Since you want to quibble he said "probably won't start that this year, I just want to get the uniforms broken in and make sure the kids like them" and he also said before talking about defensive performance deciding it that he hopes to get an home and away version by next year. Some serious mental gymnastics happening to justify thinking defensive performance is going to dictate it this year.

C

Really bad idea. Really bad. A good defensive performance against the Buckeyes would look just fine if we're wearing red. If we're wearing black and we get boat raced you will kill that tradition before it starts.
Northwestern I hope.

IMO we will need every psychological advantage we can get to beat the Buckeyes. If wearing the black jerseys motivates our players or SF thinks it will, I’m all for it.

If your sole purpose to not wear them is “what if we get embarrassed”, then I would assume you don’t have much faith in your team.

IF Gameday comes to Lincoln next week, I would bet the house the black jerseys make an appearance.

If the jersey is meant to highlight the Blackshirts tradition, wearing them for the first time in a game that we may get mercy-ruled doesn't make sense.

But losing with them on to a scrub team like Indiana looks better? Okay, still don't see the issue as nobody in the college football world cares other than a few NU fans. Heck, I think that is way worse than losing with them on to OSU.

C

But losing with them on to a scrub team like Indiana looks better? Okay, still don't see the issue as nobody in the college football world cares other than a few NU fans. Heck, I think that is way worse than losing with them on to OSU.

C
I dont think we're going to lose to Indiana

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back