• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Big Dance Thread

I've only got four right so far

I rarely do well with the bracket. It doesn't matter if you watch 10,000 hours of hoops during the season -- or zero. So unpredictable.

I also do a contest I like quite a bit more. Pick 8 teams from the tournament that you think will go far. You get points based on their seed times the round #. So, if one of your teams is a 12-seed -- you get 12 X 2 for them winning this round. And so on. You can take Alabama, but you'll only have a times one for a one-seed (but it's maybe a safer pick than most). Fun strategy. (Best approach is to have a mix of seeds.) I won the thing in 2019. Pocketed around $500 for a $5 entry. :)

I rarely do well with the bracket. It doesn't matter if you watch 10,000 hours of hoops during the season -- or zero. So unpredictable.

I also do a contest I like quite a bit more. Pick 8 teams from the tournament that you think will go far. You get points based on their seed times the round #. So, if one of your teams is a 12-seed -- you get 12 X 2 for them winning this round. And so on. You can take Alabama, but you'll only have a times one for a one-seed (but it's maybe a safer pick than most). Fun strategy. (Best approach is to have a mix of seeds.) I won the thing in 2019. Pocketed around $500 for a $5 entry. :)
I've run pools where I double the points for any team seeded 9 or worse.

I'm closer to the 10,000 hours than zero, ha, but the tournament always has the unexpected in a one game series. It's why people watch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back