• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Aeronauts - a Review (free to Amazon Prime subscribers)

KleinTxHusker

All Big 10
15 Year Member
My wife and I watched this last week. We really liked it and strongly recommend it. It violates my beliefs about historical movies, but I won't hold that against it. As @joestrummer would say, it is Hollywood, not History.

Anyway, we stand on the shoulders of Giants. Ballooning gave us some very strong understandings of our environment and physics. This gives a lot of views of things that are at once now obvious today (to the extent we even think of them) but we are so insulated from that we may not realize they exist. Anyway, someone once had to go to 20,000 feet and then even higher...

This story is an amalgam of a history of ballooning published a few years back. And some key characters were totally changed, but still it is very interesting. You should also stream it in the highest resolution you equipment can support (translation - select the 4K UHD version if you have that TV).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back