• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

That 70s Car

Ok they were horrible, but what would you want to buy right now to let your young teenage daughter drive? there was a lot of steel to protect them, that is where I am right now. bigger is better. cool don't mean sh*t
One of these was selling for 275k last year. It’s just a recon tank, so it’s not like it anything silly like a heavy tank :Biggrin:
3396217D-7FF9-4C18-814C-5D8D6DD55563.jpeg

I just got this from my father-in-law. I am not a car guy I just always liked this truck. it is a 1974 International 4 door, with an 8 foot bed. Having a little problem staying running as it sat for quite a while. I am waiting to get into the doctor to clean out the fuel tanks and lines then we should be good to go. I hope.

1974 Truck.jpg

The 1970's were the worst decade for automobiles ever. At least the American ones. I would actually qualify that by defining the 1970's as maybe model year 1973 forward. The combination of the 5 mph bumper regulation and the very, very poor response of US manufacturers to the emissions control regulations followed quickly by the energy crisis meant a lot of really, really bad automobiles got built.

Perfect qualifier.

My dad's last Chevelle was a '74 bought to replace a '71 that was crushed by a drunk Texan in a Lincoln one night.

350 with 145hp off the lot. We took the emission controls off, put a new high rise manifold and Holley carburetor on it along with more radical cam and exhaust. Not as strong as the '71 or even the '64 before it, but it was solid and he drove it well into the '90's.

I present two cars.... I couldn't find the cutlass, neighbor had the grand prix

Attachments

• grand_prix.PNG
    grand_prix.PNG
    844.5 KB · Views: 126
  • cutlass.PNG
    cutlass.PNG
    594 KB · Views: 126

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back