• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thanksgiving Menu

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
So, what's everybody have on their Thanksgiving menus this year? Here's what we're having:

- 1 traditionally oven roasted bird, 15 lb bird, brined overnight
- 1 smoked, bone in turkey breast(s), brined overnight. Smoking over apple and cherry with a maple/chipotle reduction for glazing. I just got an injector so I'm trying to come up with something there, too.
- Ms. Kings world famous, three cheese, baked mac and cheese with buttered bread crumbs on top. I've never had better. Seriously.
- Sausage and cornbread stuffing
- Collard greens
- Candied yams
- Deviled eggs
- Sweet corn casserole
- Skillet cornbread
- Yeast rolls

- Pumpkin bars
- Ms. Kings banana pudding (almost as good as her mac and cheese)
- Apple pie

- After the traditional, post meal nap, several libations.

I started working from the house on Friday's about a month ago so I won't even have to take my traditional day off to watch the game. I'll have my laptop with me on the sofa with the game on. Downside to that is that I'll be grazing all day long.

Anyway, let us know what you all are having. I enjoy reading what people from different regions of the country are putting on their menus.

Last edited:

So, what's everybody have on their Thanksgiving menus this year? Here's what we're having:

- 1 traditionally oven roasted bird, 15 lb bird, brined overnight
- 1 smoked, bone in turkey breast(s), brined overnight. Smoking over apple and cherry with a maple/chipotle reduction for glazing. I just got an injector so I'm trying to come up with something there, too.
- Ms. Kings world famous, three cheese, baked mac and cheese with buttered bread crumbs on top. I've never had better. Seriously.
- Sausage and cornbread stuffing
- Collard greens
- Candied yams
- Deviled eggs
- Sweet corn casserole
- Skillet cornbread
- Yeast rolls

- Pumpkin bars
- Ms. Kings banana pudding (almost as good as her mac and cheese)
- Apple pie

- After the traditional, post meal nap, several libations.

I started working from the house on Friday's about a month ago so I won't even have to take my traditional day off to watch the game. I'll have my laptop with me on the sofa with the game on. Downside to that is that I'll be grazing all day long.

Anyway, let us know what you all are having. I enjoy reading what people from different regions of the country are putting on their menus.
turkey-pot-pie-51071.png

miller-lite-can-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
1 smoked 18lb turkey w/John Henry Texas rub mixed with Texas chicken tickler rub
Misquote and Apple wood.

1 18lb deep fried turkey. Injected w/roasted garlic and lemon butter garlic butter

1 20lb turkey in the roaster

Mashed potatoes W/turkey gravy
Stuffing
Sweet potatoes
Green bean casseole
Dinner rolls
Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Cherrie pie
Red & white wine

Lots of other stuff I'm not remembering

Last edited: