• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thanks KJ Sr

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny how's fans who loved him are now pissed. I believe he has some points, but so does Corntorch. My problem is with who he chooses to work with - Cavanaugh being the one that puzzles me the most. I do believe it can take more than three years to change a culture - but the basics should be non negotiable. Still, part of the problem with the win now culture: how do you bench your best players when they dog it sometimes and play someone who busts their ass but still gets beat every play? Then, when things go south either way, you have to "win" to save your job, even if your bosses bought into your strategy.

Its a tough position, but its what he signed up for when he became a coach.

Agree. No need to get riled up about this. Keyshawn is looking at it from the perspective of a dad which is respectable, but his takes on progress under Riley are waaayyy off base.

Bottom line: Riley took over a consistent 9 win program and in year three has lost 11 out of his last 17 games. Let that sink in for a bit.

Here's the only teams we've beaten in the last season and a half:

Minnesota
Maryland
Arkansas St.
Rutgers
Illinos
Purdue

Last edited:

Agree. No need to get riled up about this. Keyshawn is looking at it from the perspective of a dad which is respectable, but his takes on progress under Riley are waaayyy off base.

Bottom line: Riley took over a consistent 9 win program and in year three has lost 11 out of his last 17 games. Let that sink in for a bit.

This is hard to understate. This isn't just the big 10. This includes pre-season patsies

do you really think Pelini would have won nine games if the BIG is where its at today with OSU, Michigan and PSU versus when Bo was here? I don't think so, and just look at the Jrs and Seniors on the roster, that says a lot about where we were at. That is not an excuse or defense of for Riley, but more a disagreement on the consistent nine win season argument. It is a fact, but when comparing it to other things, you need to look at the whole, imo.

Last edited:

do you really think Pelini would have won nine games if the BIG is where its at today with OSU, Michigan and PSU versus when Bo was here? I don't think sol, and just look at the Jrs and Seniors on the roster, that says a lot about where we were at. That is not an excuse or defense of for Riley, but more a disagreement on the consistent nine win season argument. It is a fact, but when comparing it to other things, you need to look at the whole, imo.
This is a good point. Panini was annihilated by a Wisconsin team that want as good as Wisconsin is now. Ohio state had Luke fickle. State penn had the Sandusky fiasco. Michigan had Brady hoke.

LOL. I knew it would come to this with KJS and KJJ.

lol, you must be double jointed based on hoiw ioften you spend time patting yourself on the back, and like most Oracle's conveniently forget the 99% of the time
This is hard to understate. This isn't just the big 10. This includes pre-season patsies

almost like McNeese State, maybe?

I have no problem with what he’s saying, he’s defending Riley and I get that. He’s defending the guy his son wants to play for. If MR leaves that complicates KJJ’s college days. And he’s right, it takes longer to build a program than 3 years.

But, there also need to be signs of progress, and signs that the job is getting done. If he thinks that’s what we’re seeing then I just respectfully disagree with him. I hope that after a new coach is hired KJJ will hear that coach out. If not, he’ll be some of the collateral damage of resetting.

Last edited:

This is a good point. Panini was annihilated by a Wisconsin team that want as good as Wisconsin is now. Ohio state had Luke fickle. State penn had the Sandusky fiasco. Michigan had Brady hoke.

And of those were the only teams blowing out Nebraska you may have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back