• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Thank You, Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlack&Blue

Varsity
10 Year Member
Not normally a rah-rah guy, but Bo's overall performance has been extraordinary. Any fans and boosters grumbling and thinking the grass is greener are just wrong. Time will tell of course, but all signs point towards our resurgence.

http://huskernsider.tumblr.com/post/14585646200/bo-pelini-is-in-rare-coaching-company

Just think of the name coaches not on the list below:

There’s more. When looking only at those in their first head coaching job at a BCS Conference school, Pelini is one of only six to win nine games in each of their first four years on the job. To me, it’s fairly fascinating that three of those six coaches are from Nebraska: Osborne (1973-74-75-76), Solich (1998-99-2000-01) and Pelini (2008-09-10-11). The other three are Oklahoma’s Barry Switzer (1973-74-75-76), Miami’s Larry Coker (2001-02-03-04) and Louisville’s Bobby Petrino (2003-04-05-06).

Not only that the weird herald has an article on the gpa of the team. Didn't read the whole thing but it appears it is pretty good.

Winning games and educating kids. Not a bad deal.

Not normally a rah-rah guy, but Bo's overall performance has been extraordinary. Any fans and boosters grumbling and thinking the grass is greener are just wrong. Time will tell of course, but all signs point towards our resurgence.

http://huskernsider.tumblr.com/post/14585646200/bo-pelini-is-in-rare-coaching-company

Just think of the name coaches not on the list below:

Percentage wise, Bob Devaney was right up there, also. But the NCAA only allowed 10 games I think, in a season. I don't think 11 were allowed until, I believe, around the late 60's or so.

But, anyway, BD's record was a remarkable feat, considering what happened at NU before he came.

Pretty cool stuff. I never would have thought of the first-time coaches stat. Kinda neat to see 3 NU coaches out of the 6.

Those numbers are a testament to great coaching, but also to the work ethic and love for Husker football on behalf of many local players.

Bo is a great head coach, and in many ways, his '08 season has been his most impressive. We are very lucky to have him.

In fairness, these stats, as great as they are, leave out some really great HCs who had a building year or two. Still, that doesn't undercut what Bo has accomplished.

I posted a thread way back in '05 or '06 that showed what the typical NC winning coach accomplished in his first few years (obviously caLLLLLy didn't measure up well). It was on the old board, but it might be at the independent or rivals, too. I'll try to dig it up, but I know Bo is definitely on the right trajectory.

Bo is a great head coach, and in many ways, his '08 season has been his most impressive. We are very lucky to have him.

In fairness, these stats, as great as they are, leave out some really great HCs who had a building year or two. Still, that doesn't undercut what Bo has accomplished.

I posted a thread way back in '05 or '06 that showed what the typical NC winning coach accomplished in his first few years (obviously caLLLLLy didn't measure up well). It was on the old board, but it might be at the independent or rivals, too. I'll try to dig it up, but I know Bo is definitely on the right trajectory.

Correct, which is what makes what Bo did even more impressive with the building year he inherited. He inherited a sub .500 team and took them to nine wins.....very impressive.

Correct, which is what makes what Bo did even more impressive with the building year he inherited. He inherited a sub .500 team and took them to nine wins.....very impressive.

If I recall correctly, dang near unprecedented. I need to find those stats.... dang you Golan!

For all those who whine alot this is a good article to read. Bo is winning games, recruiting the right type of kids, high character types, and they
are getting great grades. That means they are going to class and studying instead of going out and partying and getting in trouble. I'll bet the graduation rates are pretty high also. I think we are very fortunate to have Bo Pelini as a coach. Just my 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back