• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas

texas has never been stealth of talent, they have always seemed to be full of coddled "give me" players that rarely ever put team first. don't see the SEC move changing this.

Touche. I definitely love that Texas country/outlaw country sound. And I love listening to Buddy Holly and then listening to Waylon to hear the progression of the same type of music.
I'll offer you Townes Van Zandt.
Gotta jump in here... Ole' Waylon got me to search out Bob Wills & Texas Playboys on my Apple Music account. So found some and listened to it... I like the music but I do have to say Bob Wills was a bit on the goofy side by today's standards. As the song says Tommy Duncan was a pretty good singer. What is odd about Wills is he would interject comments in the middle of songs and IIRC, he had a very high pitched scratchy voice... Dude, stay out of the way of your musicians and singers!

Asleep at the Wheel is the closest I think to Wills & the Texas Playboys. I also think Lyle Lovett and his Large Band are along the same lines.

Last edited:
Just named Ewers starter. Does Card now hit the portal? Does Manning reconsider? Have to wait and see.

I doubt it impacts Manning at all. He had to figure the odds were much, much better than not (basically a lock) Ewers would be starting this year. And that Ewers would be his competition when he arrives in Austin.

But no clue how Card will respond. He's a kid who could start for over half of FBS schools.

Gotta jump in here... Ole' Waylon got me to search out Bob Wills & Texas Playboys on my Apple Music account. So found some and listened to it... I like the music but I do have to say Bob Wills was a bit on the goofy side by today's standards. As the song says Tommy Duncan was a pretty good singer. What is odd about Wills is he would interject comments in the middle of songs and IIRC, he had a very high pitched scratchy voice... Dude, stay out of the way of your musicians and singers!

Asleep at the Wheel is the closest I think to Wills & the Texas Playboys. I also think Lyle Lovett and his Large Band are along the same lines.
Asleep At The Wheel has a rendition of Lucky Ol Sun that will bring tears to your eyes.

I doubt it impacts Manning at all. He had to figure the odds were much, much better than not (basically a lock) Ewers would be starting this year. And that Ewers would be his competition when he arrives in Austin.

But no clue how Card will respond. He's a kid who could start for over half of FBS schools.
Texas just ain't been the same since Johnny Walker took that recruiting visit there and defiled that boosters wife on the 50 yard line.

Texas just ain't been the same since Johnny Walker took that recruiting visit there and defiled that boosters wife on the 50 yard line.
What'd he do after that; sign somewhere else? Are you saying she took one for the team; and then he didn't sign?

Who is Johnny Walker? The first time I heard that name was when Joe Willie say he liked his Johnny Walker Red...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back