• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas

Talent has never been Texas' problem. They've got more talent than most teams. They have an entitlement culture problem (i.e. Dallas Cowboys). They'll win 7 or 8 games this year, at best.

When you look at the records of the various Big 12 teams over the last 10 years, Texas is way down the list.

Should Texass hire a top notch coach they'll be hard to beat. Fortunately they hired Sark who has proven very little that he's anything but top notch.

Texas set their all-time record for season ticket sales. IIRC, right around 70,000. Obviously, nothing like Nebraska fans are used to.

I think the interest in season tickets is a combination of the significant upgrade in talent -- and the Alabama game. Heck, the demand for the Alabama game could easily boost that ticket alone greater than the cost of the full season's tickets. But I can also say there's more buzz in Austin right now than I've experienced in what will be my 11th football season living here.

Texas set their all-time record for season ticket sales. IIRC, right around 70,000. Obviously, nothing like Nebraska fans are used to.

I think the interest in season tickets is a combination of the significant upgrade in talent -- and the Alabama game. Heck, the demand for the Alabama game could easily boost that ticket alone greater than the cost of the full season's tickets. But I can also say there's more buzz in Austin right now than I've experienced in what will be my 11th football season living here.

Some Alabama fans might have purchased season tickets for the one game and then sell the rest. Nebraska fans are known for doing this.

Some Alabama fans might have purchased season tickets for the one game and then sell the rest. Nebraska fans are known for doing this.

I'm sure that's part of it.

A month or more ago, Texas-Alabama was the only game in college football to have officially sold out.

I'm so tired of Alabama that I almost want Texas to win. Repeat: ALMOST

Then I realize that Texas losing means they are unable to do what A&M can do: beat Alabama. And that makes everything right in the world.

Texas always starts with high hopes. Dreams of nattys as they beat down Nickels State. Then they get beat by a FBS program, and the place is half empty. You can set your calendar to it.

I'll bet many folks are as tired of Alabama's dominance today as they were of ours back in the day.

That's one of the reasons why I don't like college football as much as I used to. Alabama's dominance has far surpassed ours.

As I've said, before the season starts, you can pencil in four teams into the playoff and you'll nail at least two.

Choose from Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma, and another SEC team.

2021: 2 from that pool
2020: 3
2019: 4
2018: 3
2017: 4
2016: 3
2015; 3
2014: 2

And Alabama has been in all but one of those.

The single most predictable sport in America. :Sleep:

That's plenty of reason for me to root for Alabama to lose. To Texas -- or anyone really.

If the Horns can't figure things out, Austin has a helluva soccer team. 2nd place team in the western conference in only the second year of the franchise. Great experience -- and the fans love this team. I see much more Austin FC gear around town than Longhorns gear.

Last night....

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back