• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas

Ringo

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Much to my dismay, this program is about to become a true power under Sark.

The recruiting is off the charts right now and I think he will be the best coach they have had since Mack.

It will be unpleasant for those of us living here and have UT alums in the family.

The SEC will be tough, but it has also rejuvinated this program.

:(

I think you're right.

You ultimately need elite talent if you're going to compete for championships.

Since Arch Manning committed on June 23rd, 10 additional recruits have committed -- including a 5-star WR, a 5-star safety, a 4-star OL, 4-star DL, and 4-star LB. They'll make a push for the #1 class in 2023.

When this was posted a couple weeks ago, it riled up a bunch of Georgia fans. Many were convinced Arch would pick the Bulldogs. For that matter, they haven't had an elite starting QB under Smart. UGA fans' typical response was "if you knew you were going to Texas when you were 11 years old, why did you waste our time getting our hopes up!"

Last edited:
When this was posted a couple weeks ago, it riled up a bunch of Georgia fans. Many were convinced Arch would pick the Bulldogs. For that matter, they haven't had an elite starting QB under Smart. UGA fans' typical response was "if you knew you were going to Texas when you were 11 years old, why did you waste our time getting our hopes up!"

Thank goodness I wasn't held to some of my 11 year old beliefs when I was 18. First and foremost, I'm glad the girls I was trying to do naughty things with when I was 18 didn't hold me to the "I hate girls" I probably said at 11.

Thank goodness I wasn't held to some of my 11 year old beliefs when I was 18. First and foremost, I'm glad the girls I was trying to do naughty things with when I was 18 didn't hold me to the "I hate girls" I probably said at 11.

I don't recall ever not liking girls. Granted, sometimes 11-year-old peer pressure will get a kid to say "I hate girls!" :Biggrin:

will have to wait and see, at washington and usc he was a 500 coach. granted he took over a washington team that was winless, but he had 5 seasons there and had 3 straight 7-6 teams and finished wiht a 8-4 season. never finished higher than 3rd in the pac12 north division.

at usc, he had a 9-4 season and then imploded by getting fired a few games into the following season.

all the talent in the world wont get you back to competing for NC's, only a good staff can do that and as a HC hes not really proven much....

money can buy players, it cant buy intangibles needed to win NC's...

Much to my dismay, this program is about to become a true power under Sark.

The recruiting is off the charts right now and I think he will be the best coach they have had since Mack.

It will be unpleasant for those of us living here and have UT alums in the family.

The SEC will be tough, but it has also rejuvinated this program.

:(
I’m not convinced Sark is a great coach. He had talent everywhere at USC, and they weren’t any good either. Just because one can recruit talent, doesn’t mean they can put it all together and make it gel like a well oiled machine. In fact, few can do that. I’m not convinced Texas will be anything more than an afterthought until they show that they can be. Talent hasn’t been the issue in Austin. Never has been. Texas issues are still the same, too many influential people in the athletic dept with their noses in things that they shouldn’t be. It’s one of the most underachieving programs of all time. Let’s see it first.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back