• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas High School coaching salaries

I live in Austin Westlake. Todd Dodge was a very good hire for the program. Won the 6A DII Championship last year, and the 6A DI this year. The Westlake program and facilities would put some small college programs to shame.

@clove8828 he does not teach. I think with the Athletic Department responsibilities, it's considered more of an admin position.

I live in Austin Westlake. Todd Dodge was a very good hire for the program. Won the 6A DII Championship last year, and the 6A DI this year. The Westlake program and facilities would put some small college programs to shame.

@clove8828 he does not teach. I think with the Athletic Department responsibilities, it's considered more of an admin position.
Wow my how things have changed. For me all my coaches had classes to teach so we would always here about grades and things at practice if we were not towing the line. That was Missouri 5A in the early 90's

Most of the head coaches for football in Denver work in some sort of counseling role or security at the school

These coaches earn their pay. My brother in law is the head golf coach for a 6A school in Texas that has over 7000 kids. He has oversight of 60+ boys and girls golfers.

I would assume that his school has hundreds of football participants. Some of these football coaches are also the on-campus athletic director.

Also...it’s pretty easy to be considered “one of the best high school programs on the nation” when your enrollment is 6-8 thousand. Lots and lots of available talent in those schools.

Last edited:
Note that 2 of the top 3 highest paid are in Austin.

I'm familiar with the highest paid -- Hank Carter, the Lake Travis HS HC. And I've been to a few games on their campus.

1612238436879.png

1612238709120.png

Baker Mayfield is their most famous alum.

The last nine starting quarterbacks at Lake Travis High School have earned Division I scholarships, which includes current Texas-bound starter Hudson Card. (Don’t worry, No. 10 is waiting.)

My assumption is they also can be fired a lot quicker if they don't win, very much like a D1 coach? You make big bucks you take the good with the bad I guess.

I'm familiar with the highest paid -- Hank Carter, the Lake Travis HS HC. And I've been to a few games on their campus.

View attachment 59774

View attachment 59775

The last nine starting quarterbacks at Lake Travis High School have earned Division I scholarships, which includes current Texas-bound starter Hudson Card. (Don’t worry, No. 10 is waiting.)

View attachment 59774

View attachment 59775

With an enrollment of almost 3000, your QB should be a D1 recruit most years.

With an enrollment of almost 3000, your QB should be a D1 recruit most years.

Lake Travis HS is "only" ranked 45th in the state of Texas for enrollment size. There's 64 Texas high schools with 3,000 students or greater. They certainly aren't all pushing out D1 quarterbacks most years.

So while it helps to have a larger pool of students, there's a lot more to it.

Lake Travis HS is "only" ranked 45th in the state of Texas for enrollment size. There's 64 Texas high schools with 3,000 students or greater. They certainly aren't all pushing out D1 quarterbacks most years.

So while it helps to have a larger pool of students, there's a lot more to it.

something in the water ? Secret Jedi powers?

Really after seeing the pictures of Lake Travis's field and stuff it has to be hard for a college coach to wow these young men when you have grade 1 stuff all along. Indoor turf at the high school level wow no wonder kids act like they do sometimes. Heaven for bid you practice when it's crappy out because we know games never happen in bad weather.......well maybe in Texas they dont.....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back