• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas beef skillet

BARNUM

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
I guess you can replace the state in the recipe title with any state, but this is what i was raised calling it.

I like this one, because it is all normal, have-around-the-kitchen stuff and it is done in 30 minutes! It is a southwestern style skillet meal

1 lb hamburger
1 medium sized onion diced
1 2 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp garlic salt
3/4 cup water
1 (16 0z) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can of kidney beans - i use light red
3/4 cup rice
(optional) chopped jalapenos to taste
1 small green pepper chopped
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese for topping

Brown hamburger and onions, drain fat. Add chili powder, salt and galic salt. Stir in undrained tomatoes and beans, water, rice, and green pepper (jalapenos). cover, simmer stirring occasionally for ~20 minutes (until rice is cooked and excess water has boiled away, if rice is not quite cooked all the way, you may have to add a little more water). Top with shredded cheese and cover till melted. serve with sour cream and salsa

ps. my heathen wive likes to eat this with corn chips, i grew up eating it with a fork

enjoy :thumbsup:

Last edited:

great...what is it with all these late night food and beer threads....how is a guy supposed to keep new years resolutions after reading all of this stuff....oh all right...Just browning the hamburger now! :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back