• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas and OU to SEC

If this were to happen then I think the B1G should go after Kansas and Notre Dame.

YES !!! Perfect location .... middle of B1G nation. Hoosiers, Purdue and then Fighter Irish plus Lucas Oil stadium.

ND is my second favorite team (minority voice)

I wish Irish vs Huskers at Aviva stadium (sorry NW)

Last edited:

If this were to happen then I think the B1G should go after Kansas and Notre Dame.
ND is mostly likely headed to the ACC if they ever give up football independence. But yes, I'm sure the BIG would try if the SEC goes to 16.

I think Kansas would be a slam dunk... but I think this last year has shown Notre Dame that it can do what it wants right now. Why join a tough league when they can schedule who they want from the B1G and ACC and Service Academies?
The new playoff will work against ND … only conference champs are guaranteed. That smells to me like an anti-ND stance.

Assuming KU would end up in the B1G for basketball reasons. The other member is more up in the air. KSU? Unlikely. OSU? MAAAAYBEEEEE? Think that's just about as unlikely. I don't see peeling any more teams from the ACC. Question becomes, do OSU, KSU, ISU, T Tech find a home? Would assume schools like Baylor and TCU will be the definite losers. KSU and Tech and OSU MAY find a home in the Pac 12 or ACC. I never cared for the Big 12 so don't miss it much. I really wish things could have remained stable and lucrative for the Big 8 and smaller conferences in general, but that's a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Yep, KU and ND would certainly “fit” academically and culturally while none of the other Big Twelve institutions would meet the criteria. And let’s not kid ourselves, the only reason for NU’s ”inclusion” was the football history. The academia of the B1G is why NU is regarded as the “red-headed step child” and is looked upon with disdain by the “better than thou crowd“ of the B1G membership.

I hate ND but the B1G will need to counter the move by the SEC with an equally big move. ND will qualify. Maybe go after North Carolina and Virginia.
Why ND hater?

Myself, tradition: Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Knute Rockne, Four Horsemen, "Win one for the Gipper", etc

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back