• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas and OU to SEC

A lot of land mines in this. Number 1 is Texas would have to give up their longhorn Network. SEC would have to accept them......and their attitude. Texas A&M would probably have something to say about it and the problems they bring. OU might have to overcome state leaders if they abandon OSU. Coincidently, by adding all those Texas teams to the Big 12 the thought of Texas leaving them all high and dry might not sit real well with Texas politicians either.

I think this makes sense considering the environment college football is in today. I wonder how Texas is going to feel not being the prettiest girl at the dance anymore
They would get whooped on in the SEC. Their program hasn’t been good in awhile. I think it would be a good move financially but short term would be a disaster for football. In a few years if they’re playing better it could be a good thing.

I'll be surprised if this happens. If Texas politicians can force Baylor on the Big 12, I don't see them letting Texas leave Tech, TCU and Baylor high and dry. Ditto OU bailing on OSU.

If it does happen....whoa, Nelly! The "super conferences" that were all the chatter back in the day will be a reality stat.
Yep, but there will not be a conference that can match the SEC. It's bad enough now living down here listening to them drone on and on about their superiority. If they somehow pull OU and Texas I will have to move.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back