• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tex a & m coach out (

Hope you're right. He'll be a hot name out there.
And people questioned Moos.
If aTm goes for it now, its likely too early, hes apparently liking what hes doing and where its already going here.
Great facilities, great fans, and who knows how well he can do here?
I dont think he even knows, so he'll likely stay, and Moos will find money if thats a huge difference maker

However isn't he from Texas? It may be too soon for him to go down there (b/c he only has this year as evidence of head coaching ability) and aTm may want someone not associated w/prior Childress assistant coaches, but I wonder if he will be an eventual flight risk b/c of the pull of Texas as well as that baseball in the Big Ten is nothing compared to SEC... let's not go down the path of scholarships and other discrepancies between the leagues... haha!

I can't imagine aTm going after a first year head coach, even coach Bolt, as they'll be able to lure a more established head coach. That's not a knock on coach Bolt either.

This isn't a surprise as coach Childress has been on a yearly contract for the last 3 or 4 seasons. I've heard for a few weeks now that coach Schlossnagle at TCU is their top candidate.

Former Husker Justin Seely is out of a job too, he was an assistant at aTm.

Last edited:

I can't imagine aTm going after a first year head coach, even coach Bolt, as they'll be able to lure a more established head coach. That's not a knock on coach Bolt either.

This isn't a surprise as coach Childress has been on a yearly contract for the last 3 or 4 seasons. I've heard for a few weeks now that coach Schlossnagle at TCU is their top candidate.

Former Husker Justin Seely is out of a job too, he was an assistant at aTm.
Childress has no head coaching experience when they hired him

Childress has no head coaching experience when they hired him

Really? I mean, seriously, a comparison of 16 years? 2005 aTm isn't 2021 aTm, and the B12 isn't the SEC.

Do you know who Bill Byrne is, where he was AD prior to aTm, who happened to be the pitching coach at the school Byrne was previously at?! And why Byrne passed on a certain someone at that previous school only to hire that certain someone at aTm?

Yikes.

The good news is that Coach Bolt’s is really a first year head coach and that might scare a few people away.

The bad news is I don’t think we’re paying him enough!

School loyalty and opportunities are one thing…taking care of your family is another!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back