• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tevin Mitchell no longer solid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

They had a big win last weekend and i'm sure they stayed on him. Frankly though, if you are a big time secondary recruit, there is no reason to not come to Nebraska.

Hopefully he is just trying to make sure he is making the right decision and signs in the end.

Cue the people that say "I thought we had no soft verbals!?!?"

He would probably see the field quicker at Arkansas than he would at NU. I think he will sign with us on signing day.

Agree if he's looking for the best secondary coaching in all of college football he'll be "N" if not good luck to him and i agree Bo and Carl will move on.
I'll take hard work over talent any day. Husker coaches have proven if players are willing to work on this team they will improve every day every week and every year.

If he can't see the benefit to being coached by Bo and Carl, then he should go elsewhere. But, if he wants to become the best DB he can be, then he should maintain his commitment to the Huskers.

Hopefully, he sees he could be the next Amukamara and be the Big 12 defensive player of the year from the cornerback position and a potential number 1 draft choice.

He says that it might be a family thing to decide about, so good luck to him to make up his mind !

His Dad is from Arkansas and played at OU....I remember when he committed there were some concerns that Arkansas and OU would keep banging on his door....I am not a fan at all of Bobby Petrino who I think is a scum for what he did to Louisville and the Atlanta Falcons.....I wouldn't let my son play for him....but best of luck to Tevin what ever he decides....if its a family issue then so be it....

This will probably cause a firestorm, but

I wonder if the media frenzy and visuals of Bo chewing on refs and TM could have given his family some "concerns"?

I remember things happening like that at OU and Gave Lynn almost immediately shucking NU and picking OU and wondering if that was used against us by other coaches.

From the way it sounds, Petrino might be one of those coaches to use that stuff against Bo.

What do you guys think about that possibility as you seem to know more about Petrino than I do?

I wonder if the media frenzy and visuals of Bo chewing on refs and TM could have given his family some "concerns"?

I remember things happening like that at OU and Gave Lynn almost immediately shucking NU and picking OU and wondering if that was used against us by other coaches.

From the way it sounds, Petrino might be one of those coaches to use that stuff against Bo.

What do you guys think about that possibility as you seem to know more about Petrino than I do?

It's certainly possible. And if that's an influence, it would definitely be in the best interest of the player to go elsewhere. If the sight of Bo yelling at Refs and players makes you uneasy, then you likely won't enjoy it much more when he's in your face doing it. Some players can't/don't take that kind of coaching well. It's understandable. Just one of those things that you have to pick a school where you feel comfortable with the coach.

He would probably see the field quicker at Arkansas than he would at NU. I think he will sign with us on signing day.

You are giving Amukamara's spot to Ciante Evans already then? I think Evans proves that Pelini will play the best player no matter their class. I think Tevin has the ability to see the field as a true frosh. Even if Alfonzo Dennard comes back for his senior year, Nebraska still loses Prince, Gomes and Hagg from the secondary.

This is the one kid I absolutely hoped we wouldnt lose. He is going to be a great player that I believe will be playing on Sundays. I hope we can land him as he and Charles Jackson would make a dangerous duo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back