• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tevin Mitchell Decomits; Commits to Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better now than February 1. As the football season ends, we move into the crucial period of the recruiting season that brings its own form of wins and losses.

tell ya what. maybe this isnt such a loss. if the kid cant see the opportunity he is passing up by being coached by the pelinis then i hate to say it but we arent missing much on him because he doesnt appear to completely have it upstairs. it doesnt even take an average iq to see how the guys that played under a pro coach (callahan) basically sucked and have flourished to probable and some definite nfl careers under pelini. good luck to the kid but he will fit in where he is going. bo will get another recruit and he'll most likely turn out to be a stud that goes fishing for a huge nfl paycheck in 3 or 4 years because thats what bo does, turn the good ones into great ones.

I dont know why everyone is all nice and wishing this guy luck. I honestly hope he fails at Arkansas, never makes it to the NFL due to the lack of development by someone other than the Pelinis, and hope he has to settle for stocking shelves at a grocery store. The guy had talent and blew a big opportunity. I hope he regrets every ounce of this decision in his very, very near future. Wish the best for you on stocking those shelves.

He's going to Arkansas.

Doesn't make what I said any less true ;) With the head coach at arkansas they might have a chance at being on probation too just like the big boys lol.
The kid looks like he's a good football player and really if he wants to play someplace else that's fine. There are alot of good football players out there and at this stage of the process I'm sure there is time to find another good football player to take his spot. Good luck kid, you should feel good you could get your mom a job.

Last edited:
I dont know why everyone is all nice and wishing this guy luck. I honestly hope he fails at Arkansas, never makes it to the NFL due to the lack of development by someone other than the Pelinis, and hope he has to settle for stocking shelves at a grocery store. The guy had talent and blew a big opportunity. I hope he regrets every ounce of this decision in his very, very near future. Wish the best for you on stocking those shelves.

my, my, my. It is a game. You do not know the circumstances of his life - for all you and I know his mother has been living on dog food the last two years and this was an opportunity to help her out. And it isn't like Petrino hasn't coached winners, even though he is a slime bag. UNL is not the only school that gets people to the pros.

Yup....and we have gotten are share of kids to decommit from another school and come to Nebraska....a game indeed...

We will be fine and I'm sure Tevin will do okay at Arkansas....

my, my, my. It is a game. You do not know the circumstances of his life - for all you and I know his mother has been living on dog food the last two years and this was an opportunity to help her out. And it isn't like Petrino hasn't coached winners, even though he is a slime bag. UNL is not the only school that gets people to the pros.

Last edited:

Wow, consider taking a step back... A bit harsh there. Seriously, a young man's college decision should not have you wishing I'll will on him for the remainder of his life.

Better now than February 1. As the football season ends, we move into the crucial period of the recruiting season that brings its own form of wins and losses.

Definitely better now than later. We can go back to some other kids that were on the fence or down our list a little and get a guy who WANTS to be here.

So where was it reported that his mom got a job at Arkansas? Or did someone simply read that she "lives/works in Arkansas" and take that to mean the University?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back