• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Terrence Lewis Hopes To Visit Nebraska If Dead Period Is Lifted

I believe you meant pre-Madonnas.

bang-head-on-wall.jpg

Talented kid but the baggage he carries around is just not worth it
This should be especially true for the guys that are blaming attrition on players that don't get it or are not the right fit. Personally I am not buying all that and would take the guy if he wanted to be N.

This should be especially true for the guys that are blaming attrition on players that don't get it or are not the right fit. Personally I am not buying all that and would take the guy if he wanted to be N.
He has too much baggage. Now he decides to publicly announce that he’s decommitted to think about for a couple of weeks, but TN is still his top team? This kid will be some coaching staff’s nightmare. Thankfully not ours.

You do not have to buy it. His history is out there just go Google it

This decommit tweet just sums it up

If you take him you get the baggage too it's that sumple

I think you misunderstood my post. He does come with plenty of baggage and just don't think all the players we are losing is due to bad character or bad fits. I think there is more than that. We need talent and I would take a chance if he was willing to get on board.

Yep, nail in the coffin moment.
You can dip your toe in the water, but if you ignore the dry ice in it, then it's on you if you dive in.

I think you misunderstood my post. He does come with plenty of baggage and just don't think all the players we are losing is due to bad character or bad fits. I think there is more than that. We need talent and I would take a chance if he was willing to get on board.

I think that says a lot. You have complained about losing players and then you would willingly take a chance on a player who has a PROVEN history of lack of commitment? Is that so you could say "see, SF can't keep the talented players at NU"?

I think that says a lot. You have complained about losing players and then you would willingly take a chance on a player who has a PROVEN history of lack of commitment? Is that so you could say "see, SF can't keep the talented players at NU"?
Because I am not buying it's a player only issue and it's a known fact this team can use the talent. My guess is the HC would take a chance on the guy.

Because I am not buying it's a player only issue and it's a known fact this team can use the talent. My guess is the HC would take a chance on the guy.
You're right, at least when it comes to the "it's not just a player issue." The blame is partially on "some" of the kids and the other is on the staff and in some cases, probably a combo of both. This isn't an all or nothing game. The recruiting and retention process is fundamentally flawed on this team, and I think everyone here can agree to that.

As for Scott taking this kid....I have no clue. But if his last presser is any indication, it sounds like they are taking a harder look at both character and location of kids moving forward, which I would wholeheartedly cheer.

Last edited:

Committed to Maryland. What are they promising to kids over there? Seems odd that they are recruiting so well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back