• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Terminator: Dark Fate

LOL :Mfclap:
I read that Arnie might be playing the human character the T-101 was modeled after.

Looking forward to seeing Linda back

That makes sense. I never understood how they could just look past the 'aging' of a robot, but this makes sense.

Likewise. I do think this should be the last though.

Honestly it's time for some new ideas that don't involve remakes, comic book rehash or some variation on an existing franchise. Surely someone has an original idea that will sell movie tickets. Maybe?

That makes sense. I never understood how they could just look past the 'aging' of a robot, but this makes sense.

Likewise. I do think this should be the last though.

Honestly it's time for some new ideas that don't involve remakes, comic book rehash or some variation on an existing franchise. Surely someone has an original idea that will sell movie tickets. Maybe?

Actually, Cameron has plans for a couple more after this one. But i believe the intent of this one is to officially "pass the baton" to new characters. Cameron never cared for T3,Salvation,Genisys

Last edited:
Actually, Cameron has plans for a couple more after this one. But i believe the intent of this one is to officially "pass the baton" to new characters. Cameron never cared for T3,Salvation,Genisys

I agree with Cameron. I didn't care for any of them either.

Have you seen Genisys?
It gave a plausible/logical explanation. The cyborg is surrounded by living tissue. The tissue ages just like normal human tissue. And the cyborg endoskeleton gets old and eventually breaks down just like any other machine.

Last edited:

Have you seen Genisys?
It gave a plausible/logical explanation. The cyborg is surrounded by living tissue. The tissue ages just like normal human tissue. And the cyborg exoskeleton gets old and eventually breaks down just like any other machine.

I've seen all of them and had forgotten about the explanation. You have to wonder if the original development of Terminator included the potential for sequels and a run on franchise in the writing. It wasn't as prevalent as it is now, but they set the table for it.

I've seen all of them and had forgotten about the explanation. You have to wonder if the original development of Terminator included the potential for sequels and a run on franchise in the writing. It wasn't as prevalent as it is now, but they set the table for it.
It helps that Cameron is back as producer. He hasn't been involved in the franchise since T2, and this is baby that helped launch his career. Director will be Tim Miller who directed Deadpool.

It helps that Cameron is back as producer. He hasn't been involved in the franchise since T2, and this is baby that helped launch his career. Director will be Tim Miller who directed Deadpool.

I'll watch it, but like everything else the last ten or maybe twenty years, I won't get my hopes up. Maybe I"ll be pleasantly surprised.

I'll watch it, but like everything else the last ten or maybe twenty years, I won't get my hopes up. Maybe I"ll be pleasantly surprised.
I'll watch it just to see my favorite lady badass (arguably the first female badass) again. I've had crush on her since 84, and in T2 she blew me away. Yeah, she's old now, but so am I. It'll be interesting to see an aged female action hero...guys do it all the time...but this is a first for a female lead.

Last edited:
First two were great.

Rise of the Machines was pretty dull and far fetched, and Arnold was terrible. I had to restart it four times because I kept falling asleep. The only scene I really liked was at the end, in spite of the characters. This was when they were in the bunker and the missiles launched anyway. It was really depressing, but the eerie sound from the comms in the bunker, and the visuals of the nuclear impacts... it was something to see. Plus, I kind of like old-sounding military comms.

I actually kind of liked Salvation because of the world building they did for that movie. Again, in spite of the actors, dialogue, plot, I thought the visuals were pretty cool, and the dismal world was interesting.

Didn't see Genysis (sp?). Didn't care to. I love the first movie, and I didn't want to see it retconned.

If this is a direct sequel to T2 coming up, then I'm in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back