• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Televised BTN games and programming will now be available within FOX Sports Go as well as BTN2Go

Good idea. I will probably tried it. Mostly turned off for my flatscreen TV except CFB games.

BTW, only $20? No up front?

Sling TV is $20 a month no up front, but now they have two packages, blue or gold, and one is a little more. You can also add on packages such as sports or news or childrens for $5 a month.

One key is for $20 a month you are allowed one stream at a time. So if you are watching a game, no one can watch a different show on Sling. The slightly higher package now comes with 2 streams to solve that.

But of course if you have Sling at $20 a month, it allows you to use watch ESPN. So basically you could stream the game over watch ESPN, and you wouldn't be using the Sling TV stream, which means another person could still stream through Sling while you stream watch ESPN.

I rarely watched a game on Sling, instead I used watch ESPN. I have a Chromecast attached to my TV. I started the game with the watch ESPN app on my I pad, then cast it to my TV with the chromecast. Now my computer sits near my TV, so I would also have a HDMI cable going from it to the TV. Some Saturdays I would start one game on watch ESPN, then I'd start another using Sling and mirror that from my computer to my TV. Then start a third game on over the air TV like ABC. I'd now have three games going at once. I'd watch the ESPN game, but could see my computer monitor if anything was happening on the Sling TV game so I could switch over quick to see. Or just switch during a commercial. And every once in a while I could take a quick look at the ABC game.

Now if you really want to confuse yourself with too many games at once. Watch ESPN allows you to run 4 games at the same time, splitting your TV screen into four smaller screens. Most people think of watch ESPN as something to use with your phone when away from home. But for me with chromecast, it's just the way I watch all my football aside from over the air.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to record games. Pretty seldom that I am able to watch the game live. I've recently cut our cable package down and gave up the DVR ability. Still have ESPN, BTN, FS1 through cable, but can't seem to get the " to go" packages to work for some reason. I could go back to the 90's and record on a VCR, but the quality isn't great. I do have a Fire Stick. Any methods you've gotten to work for recordng?
Thanks in advance.

Chromecast ..... Fire Stick ...... beyond me. Reason? ..... I'm old as a rock. And I never bought smartphone and stay away wifi gadget in my house (my neurologist suggestions - radiation - protect brain tumor/cancer)

Chromecast ..... Fire Stick ...... beyond me. Reason? ..... I'm old as a rock. And I never bought smartphone and stay away wifi gadget in my house (my neurologist suggestions - radiation - protect brain tumor/cancer)

Slightly younger, but not much. Fortunately the kids will explain things to me.

Then again I have my own you tube channel, a buddy and I fishing. So I always give them grief about not keeping up with the old man when it comes to you tube.

By the way chromecast is the only way to watch you tube videos. You never have to watch another ad.

I noticed my DISH menu includes Netflix, Youtube, Sling, etc. options ...... unfortunately never used it. Didn't know but Sling TV is owned by DISH network company (news for me). Ignore "Hopper with Sling" DISH brochure guide (owners manual). I thought apples and oranges :Facepalm:

I got Netflix subscriber, $7.99 grandfather price, but only viewed via my PC monitor (internet connection).

EDIT: tried Netflix option on my DISH menu. It works! Seamless and quick. And no password. Surprise surprise surprise ..... :Popcorn:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back