• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Teddy Prochazka

NoDakRed

Recruit
5 Year Member
Do we see him get snaps at tackle this year? Good to see him get on the field as an extra TE. I admit I don't that much about him, how big of upside does he have?

Prochazka doesn’t plan to redshirt: Freshman tackle Teddy Prochazka has played in each of Nebraska’s past three games. In addition to time with the No. 2s late in wins against Fordham and Buffalo, he played tight end in a special, heavy package the past two weeks. “Right now, I’m not planning on redshirting. I don’t think it’s going to happen,” Prochazka said. “I’m making sure that I’m giving the coaching staff reasons to play me and making sure that they have to have me on the field.”

Frost again praised the midyear enrollee, who has seen his stock take off since the middle of preseason camp and who is currently about 6-foot-9 and 310 pounds. “He’s going to be in the mix and in the conversation for playing, I think, going forward,” Frost said. “If he keeps improving at the rate he’s been improving at, it’s going to be hard to keep him off the field.”

I truly wonder if there are plans to move Corcoran down to guard eventually with the decision to not RS Teddy.

Personally, I'd love to see him RS and develop before being thrust into a role he isn't ready for (like Benhart and Corcoran).

I just don't see Scott sitting one of those guys over the long haul. Too much raw talent to waste on the bench.

Last edited:
He seems to have a real bright future. Him pushing for playing time is a good thing, and opens up options for the team down the line.

Fun "throwback" alignment: Bring Teddy in as an extra lineman, use Allen as a TE, and split Vokolek out wide and off the line. Motion Travis into the backfield as an HBack, and then quickly run straight down someone's throat.

Do we see him get snaps at tackle this year? Good to see him get on the field as an extra TE. I admit I don't that much about him, how big of upside does he have?
Lots of upside with his size, frame, and skill. Prochaska was one of our top recruits in the 2021 class. He has already played some snaps at Tackle against Fordham and Buffalo. The OU game was the fist time he played at TE, but he was effectively a third Tackle on those plays.

I truly wonder if there are plans to move Corcoran down to guard eventually with the decision to not RS Teddy.

Personally, I'd love to see him RS and develop before being thrust into a role he isn't ready for (like both Benhart and Corcoran).

I just don't see Scott sitting one of those guys over the long haul. Too much raw talent to waste on the bench.
I was hoping Benhart and Corcoran would be outstanding OTs for the next few years, but they seem to be struggling. Maybe one or both need to move to Guard... but then you have to find a few guys who can play Tackle. Maybe Banks and Prochaska?

I was hoping Benhart and Corcoran would be outstanding OTs for the next few years, but they seem to be struggling. Maybe one or both need to move to Guard... but then you have to find a few guys who can play Tackle. Maybe Banks and Prochaska?
Banks struggled at tackle in limited snaps this year. IMO Corcoran should sit until he is healthy, if that means Teddy plays LT or someone else so be it. I don't understand how we can trot an injured lineman out there with the struggles our line has had if there are other players with potential we could plug in.

He seems to have a real bright future. Him pushing for playing time is a good thing, and opens up options for the team down the line.

Fun "throwback" alignment: Bring Teddy in as an extra lineman, use Allen as a TE, and split Vokolek out wide and off the line. Motion Travis into the backfield as an HBack, and then quickly run straight down someone's throat.
They ran 4 TE's against Oklahoma, Prochaska being one of the TE's (he work #46 for the OU game).

I didn't pick up the formation during the game, but it's basically using Vokolek and Prochaska as extra tackles with Allen and one of the other TE's (don't know which one they used, but Boerkircher or Hickman would seem likely). Would like to see a picture / video highlight of it if anyone has seen it.

If he can block better than what we have starting (and I suspect he can) . . . burn the shirt and let him roll.

If he's got good hands and can run routes, play him at TE.

We have good and capable TEs, but I LOVE the idea of an extra TE who can essentially be another lineman. I'm not big on all the bubble screens we try to run, but if this kid is fast I could see him acting as the Downfield Wall of Meat who eats up a couple LBs/DBs while Toure or Manning gets a quick bubble slant.

I think Teddy ends up manning one of the T spots in the next year or two. I truly think Corcoran can be an outstanding LT, but he is not ready right now. That is your most important position on the line. When you are ranked the 4 worst Tackle in ALL of college football, it may be time to reassess things right now.

Corcoran projects as an OG at the next level

In fairness he is playing on a bad foot

Also OL is a tough position to learn on the run

They are both going to be really good in my opinion

They ran 4 TE's against Oklahoma, Prochaska being one of the TE's (he work #46 for the OU game).

I didn't pick up the formation during the game, but it's basically using Vokolek and Prochaska as extra tackles with Allen and one of the other TE's (don't know which one they used, but Boerkircher or Hickman would seem likely). Would like to see a picture / video highlight of it if anyone has seen it.
Boerkircher? Who is that?

Couldn't we have run a tackle eligible when he was wearing #46? I guess we were lining him up at TE. What are the rules on interior o line numbers (50 to 79?)? IIRC, one had to check in and be announced with Tackle Eligible and in some instances wear a temporary jersey with at different number connoting a eligible receiver.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back