• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Teddy Allen (Boys Town) transferring from WVU after 1 year > Western NE CC (Now 'N')

Brother signed with Utah so I wonder if there's any desire for them to play together.

Following the Flyin' Illini "only players between 6'4" and 6'8"" formula, Teddy might be a small or power forward. It doesn't matter as long as he's talented. Might be fun to have him run next to Roby. I don't think he's coming to Nebraska but it doesn't hurt to find out if he's interested.

Played a lot as a freshman, but doesn’t defend. Miles absolutely should reach out but this kid would drive the Husker fans crazy.
So he is the opposite of what we really need?

Honestly, I would happily add him to the roster, as I saw a kid in games that didn’t look like a nervous freshman. He’s got some attitude, and played in a tough conference for a coach that doesn’t ‘give’ a player anything, they have to earn it.

Played a lot as a freshman, but doesn’t defend. Miles absolutely should reach out but this kid would drive the Husker fans crazy.

Wasn't there an issue with him at some point during last season? Something like he would play a lot three games in a row, then the fourth game he'd play like 2-3 minutes? I don't follow West Virginia, but I thought I heard something weird going on with his minutes.

As I said a while back, Allen doesn’t fit in with what West Virginia does offensively or defensively. It was a bad fit from the start. Probably another case of “handlers” and AAU clowns giving a kid horrible advice. We should seriously open up a non-profit college recruiting advice firm. I guarantee that a group of us could give substantially better advice to these kids than 95% of the people around them.

He would actually do pretty well in what Miles tries to do offensively. He excels in that ISO stuff.

If Miles were to bring him in, he’d have to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the kid would rededicate himself to excel on the defensive side of the ball. If there is even a shred of doubt, you don’t take him.

College isn’t AAU Ball, defense matters, and Allen’s defensive problems go beyond just getting beat off the dribble. It’s an effort problem that often caused the entire defensive unit to open up like Swiss cheese.

Has the potential to be a pretty damn good offensive player. You have to understand what you are getting into here, because if the effort on defense isn’t there, he’s going to be benched and there is a track record of that causing problems already.

So he is the opposite of what we really need?

Honestly, I would happily add him to the roster, as I saw a kid in games that didn’t look like a nervous freshman. He’s got some attitude, and played in a tough conference for a coach that doesn’t ‘give’ a player anything, they have to earn it.
lol - that's what I was thinking, probably need to defend a bit. But if you have a scholarship open and can get a scoring talent like that, who knows. I have no clue what Miles should do though.

He looked pretty solid in the tournament. I don't think his skill is going to make UNL worse if he joined the team, but he may have non-basketball issues that would make the team worse. I'd be cautious about it, but I'm pretty sure that Miles can find out what his past problems are and whether they can be managed or not.

lol - that's what I was thinking, probably need to defend a bit. But if you have a scholarship open and can get a scoring talent like that, who knows. I have no clue what Miles should do though.

The other thought is maybe you talk to him and let him know if he’s not going to improve a great deal defensively, he’s only going to be a spot player when we need some offensive spark. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have someone like that, but they have to know and accept they are a 10-12 minute a game player.

Looks like Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler ended up playing at Sunrise Academy this year, and is also committed to Wichita State for 2018. There will be more scholarship players from Nebraska on the Shockers than Nebraska. Because there's no talent in Nebraska.

EDIT: found this tweet from Jacob Padilla:

Last edited:

Looks like Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler ended up playing at Sunrise Academy this year, and is also committed to Wichita State for 2018. There will be more scholarship players from Nebraska on the Shockers than Nebraska. Because there's no talent in Nebraska.

EDIT: found this tweet from Jacob Padilla:

Looks like a team that would finish about 2-16 in conference.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back