• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Teddy Allen (Boys Town) transferring from WVU after 1 year > Western NE CC (Now 'N')

Looks like a team that would finish about 2-16 in conference.
Right where Miles is comfortable! I kid I kid. Yeah there isn't more that 1 or 2 big 10 role players on that list....projected anyway. Ya never know who might blow up in college but you can't load a roster with nothing hoping a few surprise you

Right where Miles is comfortable! I kid I kid. Yeah there isn't more that 1 or 2 big 10 role players on that list....projected anyway. Ya never know who might blow up in college but you can't load a roster with nothing hoping a few surprise you
I think the point of the comment was it’s not really a good look that we couldn’t get at least 1 or 2 of those 8 players, 6 of whom will be playing D1 somewhere else. I think we have a reach or two every year, why not reach local?

I think the point of the comment was it’s not really a good look that we couldn’t get at least 1 or 2 of those 8 players, 6 of whom will be playing D1 somewhere else. I think we have a reach or two every year, why not reach local?
I don't necessarily disagree. I might intentionally "reach" with a little less frequency than others might...with 13 scholarships you can really hose yourself. But yeah...some local flavor would be nice.

I think the talent around Nebraska will continue to be hard to get because we are who we are. It’s easier for the program, right now, to get guys from hagerstown md than ed chang. (At this point, who even wants ed chang?)

Would pooh or teddy contribute more than nana this next year...? Probably

The scary thing is the talent right now is the highest its been since the 90s and i still have massive concerns about next years team. That is what is scary. Three guys on our team (who are probably coming back) would get looks from nba teams. We are projected to be a top 4 big ten team, and yet we all expect much, much less

I think the talent around Nebraska will continue to be hard to get because we are who we are. It’s easier for the program, right now, to get guys from hagerstown md than ed chang. (At this point, who even wants ed chang?)

Would pooh or teddy contribute more than nana this next year...? Probably

The scary thing is the talent right now is the highest its been since the 90s and i still have massive concerns about next years team. That is what is scary. Three guys on our team (who are probably coming back) would get looks from nba teams. We are projected to be a top 4 big ten team, and yet we all expect much, much less
To be fair, we only expect to be underwhelmed because that's what always happens. Even when they were a great Nebraska team, they were only so-so on the national scene. There was a comment on basketball "stability" from Moos in a Sipple interview with Moos... doesn't look like Miles should be comfortable. I don't want him to coach desperate, but maybe that's what it will take.

I don't necessarily disagree. I might intentionally "reach" with a little less frequency than others might...with 13 scholarships you can really hose yourself. But yeah...some local flavor would be nice.
Over the years we’ve had our share of obscure signees late in the process. Of course by then, the relationship really isn’t there, so we may not see those guys come onboard anyway. But it would be nice to see a local get a shot from time to time.

Future Offer? ;)

Great player, troubled person. Va Tech - played well, left team. Wichita State - sat out, dismissed from team after arrest for domestic violence. WNCC - Leading nation in scoring (32 ppg)

Maybe Nebraska can be a calm place for him? He has ADHD, depression and other issues. Wish him the best either way.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back