• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Teddy Allen (Boys Town) transferring from WVU after 1 year > Western NE CC (Now 'N')

Not sure how I feel about this decision. Oh well, he's part of the team now. Welcome to Hoiberg's Hoopsters Teddy.

I worked at Boys Town when he was there. Phenomenal athlete but at that time tended to not be much of a team player and struggled to get along with coaches. The young man is known to have quite the temper on and off the court. I know a little bit more but it's not worth going into detail on a public forum, nothing serious, just that he could have received more support in the past to help him out.

Saw him play Tuesday evening. wncc down 7 at half, down by 11 at times in the 2nd half. Allen looked slow and maybe sick in 1st half. Took over the game in the 2nd half - hit 4 long range (and effortless) 3's in succession. I watched the opposing coach and he was at a loss as to how to stop Allen. On the next possession Allen was ready to fire again but 2 guys were in his face. Glad to see he faked the shot and passed to an open teammate at the top of the key, quick shot and another 3 for wncc. Opponents foolishly fouled Allen in the 2nd half and he was lights out at the charity line. Allen is playing better defense now (but not up to Huggins WVA standards) so it appears he's trying. I still contend Hoiberg will be "on" Allen a lot to make him conform to what Fred demands. Offensive talent is there, I'm still not convinced he's the 100% teammate you want, but I do hope I'm wrong.

Saw him play Tuesday evening. wncc down 7 at half, down by 11 at times in the 2nd half. Allen looked slow and maybe sick in 1st half. Took over the game in the 2nd half - hit 4 long range (and effortless) 3's in succession. I watched the opposing coach and he was at a loss as to how to stop Allen. On the next possession Allen was ready to fire again but 2 guys were in his face. Glad to see he faked the shot and passed to an open teammate at the top of the key, quick shot and another 3 for wncc. Opponents foolishly fouled Allen in the 2nd half and he was lights out at the charity line. Allen is playing better defense now (but not up to Huggins WVA standards) so it appears he's trying. I still contend Hoiberg will be "on" Allen a lot to make him conform to what Fred demands. Offensive talent is there, I'm still not convinced he's the 100% teammate you want, but I do hope I'm wrong.
Awesome, thanks for the eyeball-based info! I hope Teddy holds it together. Special talent, hope he can become a good person too.

Thanks for sharing this. I remember watching him at West Virginia. He would make some pretty egregious mistakes defensively. I can see Thuggins and Teddy clashed. Some were typical freshman mistakes, not being in the right spot, etc. Many were efforts though, and that was concerning.

It doesn’t matter now. Players and humans grow. Teddy is a Husker and if he has his head bolted on straight when he gets to Lincoln, he’s going to write his own ending. If he does what Fred asks, there is no way he isn’t putting up some good stats next year.

I've enjoyed watching Teddy's growing awareness of his ability for multiple assists. Defenses recognize his ability to "score at will" so when multiple defenders are on him he's increasingly moving the ball to teammates for their points and thus, assists. Hope it's a reflection of maturity and court awareness.

I've enjoyed watching Teddy's growing awareness of his ability for multiple assists. Defenses recognize his ability to "score at will" so when multiple defenders are on him he's increasingly moving the ball to teammates for their points and thus, assists. Hope it's a reflection of maturity and court awareness.

Smart players recognize that a team mate scoring doesn't take points away from you, it actually makes you scoring a much easier process. The other thing I like about Teddy is he's greedy, he likes points, and he doesn't care if they come from 3, 2 or a free throw, he wants them all. He finishes when he gets in close, which is a weakness for our current team, and he wants to shoot free throws because he sees them as easy points for him, again, a weakness for our current team.

It's an overall somber article about Teddy. Unfortunately, I think too many young people today are in this position and struggling to simply live and survive. I do hope he can make a positive impact at UNL and find success for himself (and provide stability and a family environment for his children).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back