• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ted Silva - To Nebraska!

I like both hires. I think the 3 coaches together will be great. Erstad bring the ability to find a needle in a hay stack. That recruit from small town USA that no one is looking at. Bolt will be able to recruit Texas. And Silva brings the California connection.

I think Silva will be able to help our pitching staff greatly. I think we have the players and with the right coaching can become great. Now if Bolt can bring is some bats, we could have a great team as early as next season.

Looking forward to years to come with this coaching staff.

The only question I have is why did he leave Irvine?

Great great hire!

I thought he left for Loyola so that he could coach with a friend of his who was head coach there. I believe the two of them played together at fullerton.

I thought he left for Loyola so that he could coach with a friend of his who was head coach there. I believe the two of them played together at fullerton.

Bingo! You are correct! after reading all of the stories out there, he left to be with his close friend Gill!

Good times coming. I have been absent on the site 'cause I was so tired of the Anderson bashing, not that he didn't deserve it but it was so negative that it made me in a bad mood. So this awesome news and can't until febuary! WOW!

This staff will make you forget about the previous coach (who shall remain nameless) fairly quickly.

Oh, you mean like Bo made everyone forget about Callahan?

Husker baseball has never had the level of success that football has enjoyed, and so the expectations have never been as high, but the comparison to Callahan is an interesting one.

I think they may have had an all vegan menu at Irvine and when he showed up with that slab of ribs it upset a few people??

Don't really care why he left where he was for where he was, just really glad he is where he is. GO BIG RED.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back