• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ted Silva - To Nebraska!

Nebraska baseball fans . . .

You can go back and read all my posts regarding Ted Silva on Huskermax and Huskerpedia OR

You can check out his RESUME (and I challenge you to even compare it with the newly hired Bolt).

Silva is a HR!

He played for Cal State Fullerton (CSF has won 4 CWS Championships)!

He played for Cal State Fullerton in the CWS! CSF won the CWS with Ted Silva the starting pitcher in the Championship game. Check out his pitching resume as a player with CSF . . . AWESOME!

He was a volunteer coach for CSF, he was an assistant coach at Fresno State (as the pitching coach - left the year prior to Fresno State winning the CWS). He spent three years at UCI - pitching coach (check out how well UCI has done - and with their program or starting back up about 10 years ago) and he has spent the last year at Loyola Marymount (assistant - pitching coach).

This guy IS the exact pitching coach for NEBRASKA.

My source said he IS coming!

If it doesn't happen it is Nebraska's loss.

And yes . . . Ted knows Southern California baseball! There are TONS of gold mines which . . . yes, even Nebraska, could mine!!

BONUS: Ted is a GREAT GUY! He relates very well to PLAYERS! He treated my son GREAT when taking pitching lessons FROM TED SILVA in the CSF bullpen!!!

Somebody count the exclamation marks. I'm too worn out of emotion after reading it.

Ted was a sr. my soph year at Fullerton, even then everbody knew coaching was in his future, he just had that type of demeanor and was always teaching and helping out the underclassmen. Was a real treat to watch him throw during the championship run that year, his stats from that season read like a misprint. I'm actually quite surprised he left Irvine, he's about as OC as it comes, always thought if he ever did leave it would be to re-join Augie in texas. Would love to have him at Nebraska, would be a huge asset to the staff.

Found someone on another board that agrees that Silva will be joining the NU staff.

link

edit: At the end of that thread they link this thread.

Last edited:
Found someone on another board that agrees that Silva will be joining the NU staff.

link

edit: At the end of that thread they link this thread.

That is just more of what we have here.. Hell, it even linked to this site as a factual statement.

Not saying it isn't true, not at all, just saying when can we expect an announcement.

All I see is 2 internet posters saying it is going to happen.

That is just more of what we have here.. Hell, it even linked to this site as a factual statement.

Not saying it isn't true, not at all, just saying when can we expect an announcement.

All I see is 2 internet posters saying it is going to happen.

Oh, would that internet posters would have the power to make anything happen. ;)

Last edited:

I do not think we can ask for a better staff than what we have now. Hopefully we will see great improvement in the team next season.

Wow....and all those nellies who thought Erstad was a bad hire.

Also nobody would come to NU....well we have one of if not the best staffs in the nation imo.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back