• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TeamRankings

BGRed

Blackshirt
20 Year Member
From a website that uses actual game metrics to run simulations of all remaining games to project final records and tournament chances:

upload_2018-11-27_21-4-35.png

Must be an Actuary thing since the percentages are not certain and the home vs away games. (Anything I'm too dumb to understand I blame on the Actuaries :Lol:)

Last edited:

They won't win all of the ones where that have a greater than 50% chance to win.
But That makes no sense to me if you are going to use this as a projection. Its saying we project this team to have a 56% chance to win this game so they are going to lose it. Um...what?

And Michigan looks like a tougher game every day.

Interesting site. Thanks for sharing. Interestingly it shows the nu game as creighton's least likely to win...at 22.4%. For nu it shows a win % of 80.6. Fake news! ;)

Interesting site. Thanks for sharing. Interestingly it shows the nu game as creighton's least likely to win...at 22.4%. For nu it shows a win % of 80.6. Fake news! ;)

Yeah. Played on paper it might be. It’s a rivalry game of sorts so pretty much throw out the paper. Creighton has a week to prepare while Nebraska has to face two conference foes. I fully anticipate it to be a dog fight.

But That makes no sense to me if you are going to use this as a projection. Its saying we project this team to have a 56% chance to win this game so they are going to lose it. Um...what?

And Michigan looks like a tougher game every day.

No, they are not saying what you think they are saying. The chance is not 100% win, so there is a chance that they'd lose it. When you combine a bunch of 56% chances to win, they'd win 56 out of 100 and lose 44 out of 100. You can't take the individual game chances and assume that you are going to win 100% of those individual games.

It is updated every day. Did you check both teams yesterday? Or, did you compare my screen print from Tuesday to Creighton's team info from yestesrday?

No, they are not saying what you think they are saying. The chance is not 100% win, so there is a chance that they'd lose it. When you combine a bunch of 56% chances to win, they'd win 56 out of 100 and lose 44 out of 100. You can't take the individual game chances and assume that you are going to win 100% of those individual games.
Which is fine but that doesn't explain the parameters that told them that Nebraska would lose 9 games. Where did that number come from?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back