• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked TE Matt Snyder is all 'N' will sign with the Huskers on NSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

No training wheels on this staff. These guys appear to be riding Harley's on the recruiting trail. Someone else said it earlier in the thread. Riley knew what a recruiting disadvantage was at OSU. Now that he and his fellas are in Nebraska, this is a huge step up in recruiting advantages for them. No defeatist attitude from these coaches.

I haven't heard this from a horses mouth on the staff, but rather from someone inside who claims this. But, Riley and company were always a little frustrated that guys like Harbaugh and Sarkisian could come late to the party and steal their recruits. Keeping a kid at Oregon State as opposed to him flipping to Oregon, Stanford, or Washington was not easy.

Now fast forward to 2015 where the playing fields aren't quite even yet, but we are right there with the others, and beating Harbaugh and Michigan with the two recruits we really had a chance at keeping is a massive dose of spinach for this staff. You have no idea the chip on the shoulder and the momentum this can create. Riley and staff always thought they were good recruiters, always thought they were good evaluators, always thought they were good coaches, but I'm the back of their mind Oregon State was an extreme disadvantage. It's game on now, I think whatever doubts they possibly had should be gone now, and it can be game on for the 2016 class.

Still have to prove it on the field, but this is great news...

I am all N on Riley! I love it that he is in a position to go toe to toe with the big boys now. Kudos to him for his awesome recruiting job so far. We have the right coach at the right time. Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:

No training wheels on this staff. These guys appear to be riding Harley's on the recruiting trail. Someone else said it earlier in the thread. Riley knew what a recruiting disadvantage was at OSU. Now that he and his fellas are in Nebraska, this is a huge step up in recruiting advantages for them. No defeatist attitude from these coaches.

No doubt, time will tell but so far these guys play the game better then the previous staff... GBR

Good choice Matt, we like big tight ends at Nebraska, especially when the new coach will actually use you.

More great news in this thread! Everyone loves a winner and the Huskers under MR and his staff are well on the way to their first big win on National Signing Day. The momentum feels great! :huskerflag:

WOW...just WOW!
I believe Coach Riley connects as much IF NOT MORE with the parents. Something I'm not sure the previous staff did?
Thats HUGE and feels good!

I just went and looked, and while I was trying to soften the blow with us having a lot of TE commits in the 2016 class in the state of Nebraska, I didn't realize that with Freedom moving to DE, we have no redshirt freshmen, and no sophomore TEs. We needed to get at least one guy in here this year. That position was a little like LB and DT for us, I'm left scratching my head what was going on. The walk ons are going to be huge for this position with Foster and Blum for depth.

We may take 2 or 3 TEs next year...

Good choice Matt, we like big tight ends at Nebraska, especially when the new coach will actually use you.

This is what excites me most about this commitment. With Cethan Carter, the addition of Snyder in this class, Bubak (and potentially more) in 2016, it will be nice to see the TE weapon utilized in our offense, something that was sorely lacking in our previous offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back