• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked TE Matt Snyder is all 'N' will sign with the Huskers on NSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is the different in having 236 years of experience on your staff....these guys know what they are doing....I'm impressed too....

I don't think he will be at Michigan long....because of what you said or the NFL will beckon him again.....

Reminds me a lot of Pelini with the results so far to back him up....being the difference....

They are pushing the numbers and even have the audacity to have backup plans if Plan "A" doesn't come to fruition. I am impressed.

Meanwhile, I wonder about Harbaugh. I am not as down on him as you are but some things did happen in SF where they were questioning his . . . not his integrity but I think his sanity. If things don't get off to a big bang for him at Michigan, he may find that the Michigan crowd not only will eat their young, but they serve it to guests with BBQ sauce.

Mike Schaefer @mikejschaefer In that Matt Snyder story he said the first thing Riley told him was "Thank you" - so simple but I can't recall a commit ever saying that.

On letting him know he was staying.....what a CLASS act and how refreshing is this?

Last edited:

I haven't heard this from a horses mouth on the staff, but rather from someone inside who claims this. But, Riley and company were always a little frustrated that guys like Harbaugh and Sarkisian could come late to the party and steal their recruits. Keeping a kid at Oregon State as opposed to him flipping to Oregon, Stanford, or Washington was not easy.

Now fast forward to 2015 where the playing fields aren't quite even yet, but we are right there with the others, and beating Harbaugh and Michigan with the two recruits we really had a chance at keeping is a massive dose of spinach for this staff. You have no idea the chip on the shoulder and the momentum this can create. Riley and staff always thought they were good recruiters, always thought they were good evaluators, always thought they were good coaches, but I'm the back of their mind Oregon State was an extreme disadvantage. It's game on now, I think whatever doubts they possibly had should be gone now, and it can be game on for the 2016 class.

Still have to prove it on the field, but this is great news...

Love how this staff has almost come in with a chip on there shoulder. They have never once complained about the issues that they had at Oregon state (that I know of) but have jumped in like a bunch of young kids ready to set the college world on fire. This isn't some pit stop or stepping stone job for them. They truly want to do something special and make us great again. Can't wait to see what the future holds. Keep eating that spinach boys :thumbsup:

Just got in and checked this thread first. Glad Matt is staying but it's tough having to be relieved that a commit didn't flip.

With the coaching change, this staff has done an awesome job.

Last edited:
Just got in and checked this thread first. Glad Matt is staying but it's tough having to be relieved that a commit didn't flip.

With the coaching change, this staff has done an awesome job.

Well considering the circumstances, this is a commit that was wide open. He said yeas to the new staff, and said no to the shiny new toy in our league. Amazing job by everyone involved. It only gets easier when you have years instead of weeks to get commits.

Great news that Snyder is staying with the Huskers!

It would have set a bad precedent to lose 2 out of the 3 "in play" commits to Michigan... and some accounts made it sound like they were close to flipping Neal before Mattison screwed it up. Nice work by the staff to secure commitments from Neal and Snyder. There's not much they could do about Jones... if not Michigan, he would have ended up somewhere else besides here.

I haven't heard this from a horses mouth on the staff, but rather from someone inside who claims this. But, Riley and company were always a little frustrated that guys like Harbaugh and Sarkisian could come late to the party and steal their recruits. Keeping a kid at Oregon State as opposed to him flipping to Oregon, Stanford, or Washington was not easy.

Now fast forward to 2015 where the playing fields aren't quite even yet, but we are right there with the others, and beating Harbaugh and Michigan with the two recruits we really had a chance at keeping is a massive dose of spinach for this staff. You have no idea the chip on the shoulder and the momentum this can create. Riley and staff always thought they were good recruiters, always thought they were good evaluators, always thought they were good coaches, but I'm the back of their mind Oregon State was an extreme disadvantage. It's game on now, I think whatever doubts they possibly had should be gone now, and it can be game on for the 2016 class.

Still have to prove it on the field, but this is great news...

Proving it on the field is of course the most important thing, but no one should have any doubts about the 2016 recruiting class. The new coaching staff are just getting warmed up when it comes to recruiting. I have never been big into recruiting, but the new staff changed that. I can't keep off this damn site.:Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back