• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tanner

I haven't been able to watch any games since Copeland got hurt. But the stats say Tanner is doing a really good job. Good for him. I've also seen stats from at least one game when Thor killed the boards, if I recall correctly. How are his minutes fitting in? He is a guard right? Who is he playing in place of for the minutes he gets?

tanner definateley a bright spot with his 18 boards, Thor great rebounding in one game too, i think 10 boards. Tells me rebounding is an effort thing when 2 guys that dont play a lot lead team in rebounds 2 games in a row. maybe the spark the team needs to turn it around for remainder of season.

Last edited:
tanner definateley a bright spot with his 18 boards, Thor great rebounding in one game too, i think 10 boards. Tells me rebounding is an effort thing when 2 guys that dont play a lot lead team in rebounds 2 games in a row. maybe the spark the team needs to turn it around for remainder of season.
Tanner is playing all of Copeland's minutes. Thor is playing most of Tanner's former minutes. It's kind of crazy. Thor is a point guard, and Miles is trying to figure out if he can get away with Thor handling the ball at the top of the key. His eurostep game is strong, but that move doesn't work as well as it used to. Thor had 3 assists last game, two of them were to Borchardt. What that should tell everyone else is that it's okay to pass to Borchardt, and he's going to pass back out if he can (and he's pretty good at it).

If Nana can start hitting shots again, Thor and Nana (and Amir for short spurts) can really help the team get through games. I keep wondering if Nana or Thor is going to take a 3 from 30 feet, hit it, and go on a tear for the rest of the year. They are both good shooters, but haven't been taking good shots.

But effort wise - Borchardt and Thor are really giving it full effort, and Nana and Allen will play with crazy intensity for short periods too. To be fair, I don't think Amir can play any harder than he is - he was very intense on defense until he got sick. So that leaves the other guys - Roby looks like he's trying to balance not getting fouls with being more active on offense (and helping on D). Palmer looks like he's just out of sync, and Watson looks like his puppy died.

If they can hit a few shots and then play through things not going well for a few minutes in the first half, I think they might be able to fix their confidence. They keep doing the "here we go again" thing - but they don't give up, they just can't hit layups or dunks or anything else.

It has absolutely been an effort thing. And coaching too. We were looking at this really hard at the Ohio State game. They out rebounded us 45 to 31 and got 14 second chance points to our 2. We literally had guys pumping up 3 pointers and the shooter and the rest of the team heading down court without even trying to go in for a re-bound. On the other end Ohio State would pump a 3 pointer and almost everyone but one guy would attack the board. That has been consistent in a lot of games and its a basic fundamental problem that is either being coached that way or not coached that way and not enforced.

It has absolutely been an effort thing. And coaching too. We were looking at this really hard at the Ohio State game. They out rebounded us 45 to 31 and got 14 second chance points to our 2. We literally had guys pumping up 3 pointers and the shooter and the rest of the team heading down court without even trying to go in for a re-bound. On the other end Ohio State would pump a 3 pointer and almost everyone but one guy would attack the board. That has been consistent in a lot of games and its a basic fundamental problem that is either being coached that way or not coached that way and not enforced.
agree totally.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back