• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tanner Lee Named Starting Quarterback

Hope this doesn't mean that backup O'Brien becomes the most popular QB among the fan base. I would have been upset if a two year starter was beaten by a redshirt freshman. It was closer than many thought but I believe it was the right one.
I am prepared for a three man battle next year which is great for this program.

Glad they announced but we all know O'Brien is one play away from starting if there is an injury or an issue. Something always seems to happen-its football.

I'm just thrilled to see such a great competition for starter and players really pushing each other. They are all better for it so we will be better too.

Hope this doesn't mean that backup O'Brien becomes the most popular QB among the fan base. I would have been upset if a two year starter was beaten by a redshirt freshman. It was closer than many thought but I believe it was the right one.

I trust Riley on this one, however USC did the same thing last year and we all saw how the "experienced" QB did compared to the Red shirt Freshman.

TL has a cannon for an arm. If he makes good decisions under pressure then the sky is the limit. One thing I like about this offense is the emphasis on the QB getting rid of the ball quickly. Being able to do so with accuracy and good decision making can make up for some flaws in the offensive line.

Tanner Lee is not a two year starter. Neither for UNL nor for Riley. If O'Brian Is the better QB he should start.

It's intriguing after several years of arguments about who should be the starter that everyone automatically accepts that Lee is the best without any empirical evidence.

To my undiscerning eye, Gebbia has the most upside of anyone in the QB room.

Glad they announced but we all know O'Brien is one play away from starting if there is an injury or an issue. Something always seems to happen-its football.

I'm just thrilled to see such a great competition for starter and players really pushing each other. They are all better for it so we will be better too.
I realize that Lee and POB are not the type of QB we have had for the last 8 years and that the offense is going to be a lot less QB run, but can you remember when we had a single QB take all meaningful snaps (not mopup) in a season? I can't. Maybe Martinez one year? All I am saying is I expect POB to get some meaningful snaps this year.

Tanner Lee is not a two year starter. Neither for UNL nor for Riley. If O'Brian Is the better QB he should start.

It's intriguing after several years of arguments about who should be the starter that everyone automatically accepts that Lee is the best without any empirical evidence.

One would think that you'd actually enjoy the fact that NU has three QB's who look serviceable at the very least and will provide quality competition for each other. But, of course, your endless supply of Captain Contrarian brand punch bowls make yet another appearance. Ho hum

Why is Tanner Lee not a 2 year starter and what are you suggesting? that Obrien is actually better, but for some reason Riley is still choosing to start Lee instead? Is this some sort of conspiracy theory in which Riley is conspiring against himself?

your post makes absolutely no sense.

Oh good you chimed in, I was worried this punch bowl would end up turdless.

I realize that Lee and POB are not the type of QB we have had for the last 8 years and that the offense is going to be a lot less QB run, but can you remember when we had a single QB take all meaningful snaps (not mopup) in a season? I can't. Maybe Martinez one year? All I am saying is I expect POB to get some meaningful snaps this year.

I can. Cody Green, 2nd Q vs Washington (2010). 21-7 NU and we just forced a punt. instead of sticking with TMagic and marching down the field like they had they every possession prior, they bring in Green. NU is inside their own 10 yard line and on his first snap, he follows a blocker, plows ahead and fumbles. Washington recovers and scores a TD 2 plays later. Major :Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back