• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

$$$ talks Sooners and Horns walk

The PAC is in a serious lurch, a lot of it for reasons beyond their control.

My best guess is that Yormark is eyeing an all-out takeover of the conference with security guarantees to member schools that the PAC can’t offer right now.

I see Yormark working on the first “super conference”, that would operate NFL style. He would allow the PAC to be its own “conference”, the Big 12 to be its own, but there would be crossover games and a championship, held at Jerry world, alternating with the Rose Bowl.

Whichever PAC members choose to go their own way are welcome to do so.

Get your popcorn ready.
I think Pac members know this. Which is why a Big 12 takeover might be their best bet. A super conference that includes most programs west of the Mississippi will have a decent amount of leverage with media. The sum of the conferences is likely worth a lot more than half and half.

Yormark will sell the PAC on this by allowing them to retain a certain amount of their branding and autonomy.

My best guess of course.
I have been seeing references to a PAC-ACC bi coastal super conference instead. In many ways that seems like a better fit both sport and academic wise. Don’t know how media deals affect that idea.

I have been seeing references to a PAC-ACC bi coastal super conference instead. In many ways that seems like a better fit both sport and academic wise. Don’t know how media deals affect that idea.

The problem with the ACC is their Grant of Rights. It is a very poor TV deal and is set to run for at least another decade. So movement to and from the ACC is dead for quite a long time.

Osu is glad to get away from their annual loss. We lead the series 91-19-7 I think it’s the most lopsided series in college football.
Believe it or not Nebraska has a better winning percentage against the pokes than the Sooners.

That is a little surprising to me.

My bad. I’m referring to conference wins.

2003-2022 seasons, conference records only:

Texas: 109-62
Oklahoma State: 104-68

2003-2022 seasons, conference records only:

Texas: 109-62
Oklahoma State: 104-68

Good find. I had my facts wrong. It's in the last decade, not two decades: 1. OU, 2. OSU, 5. Texas

I don't know that the last decade as of today has changed much. Perhaps OSU nudged ahead a couple of games by virtue of the 11 wins in 2021.

Everyone lampoons Gundy's record against OU - about 15% wins - but I've never understood that - that's about OU's winning % against the world since Gundy has been at OSU, so it shouldn't be all that surprising.

OU is a college blue blood; OSU is a darn good program most years. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

Osu is glad to get away from their annual loss. We lead the series 91-19-7 I think it’s the most lopsided series in college football.
I'm not sure, because I'm too lazy to look it up, but the Nebraska /Kansas series probably isn't any better. It's too bad we lost it though. I think it was the longest running rivalry in football at the time of the Big 10 acquisition.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back