• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

$$$ talks Sooners and Horns walk

Both OU and Texas are giving their entire media income to the Big 12 for the 2023 and 2024 sporting years. About $100 million in total unless my math is off. They wanted out really bad.

Last edited:
I said here when it was announced that UT and OU would be joining the SEC that there was no way this would take until 2025 to happen.

I'm looking forward to watching these teams (especially UT) compete in the SEC.

I’m looking forward to it as well. I’m also excited to see the new-look Big 12. Houston is kind of meh but the rest will be fun.

Probably annual non-conference schedule .... Gooners vs OkieLite. Just like Hawkeyes vs Cyclones.

I think Bedlam is gone for football. It has been a mostly one-sided affair in OU’s favor, but the game always drew a substantial national viewership. OU and OSU are the two winningest programs in the Big 12 the last two decades.

Texas is 6th I believe. But I’m sure they’ll be in the SEC hunt every year.

Last edited:

From SI article ....

Now SEC administrators are expected to determine a format this spring. While many administrators are now leaning to move to a division-less, nine-game conference schedule, additional revenue from ESPN is a missing piece in that decision. With more inventory—an extra league game—the conference wants more cash. In the nine-game format, each team would play three permanent opponents and a rotation of six others, assuring that each member would meet every team in the league twice in a four-year cycle—once at home and once away.​

I believe the same format as B1G (proposed) ??

Starting at 2023 schedule, Huskers permanent opponents .... Iowa, Gophers and Badgers or else NW ??

Last edited:

Probably annual non-conference schedule .... Gooners vs OkieLite. Just like Hawkeyes vs Cyclones.
Osu is glad to get away from their annual loss. We lead the series 91-19-7 I think it’s the most lopsided series in college football.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back