• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Take a Hike!

:thumbsup: Did they bronze it with your baby booties?

My best friend in high school had to move away our senior year between semesters. A few months later he mailed me an MIP ticket he had just recieved. I posted it on our school bulletin board for everyone to see. :Biggrin:

After a few days one of the teachers noticed it and took it down. :thumbsdown::Thumbsdown:

For you youngsters out there...

- when I said "mailed", I didn't mean EMAIL, but like in the olden days when you would put something in an envelope, lick a stamp, and drop it in a blue metal thing called a "mailbox". You might know it as "snail mail"

- by "school bulletin board", I don't mean BBS, but rather a large sheet of cork board affixed to the wall in the school hallway where lunchroom menus, class schedules and other notices and stuff would get posted.

-And by "posted", I don't mean pressing the "submit" button, but rather taking a pushpin and pressing a hole through the document and the corkboard at the same time.

For you youngsters out there...

- when I said "mailed", I didn't mean EMAIL, but like in the olden days when you would put something in an envelope, lick a stamp, and drop it in a blue metal thing called a "mailbox". You might know it as "snail mail"

- by "school bulletin board", I don't mean BBS, but rather a large sheet of cork board affixed to the wall in the school hallway where lunchroom menus, class schedules and other notices and stuff would get posted.

-And by "posted", I don't mean pressing the "submit" button, but rather taking a pushpin and pressing a hole through the document and the corkboard at the same time.

Lol. Do you remember having penpals in school?

Saturday I leave for New Mexico for 2 weeks to go backpacking with my son. The peak we'll be climbing is Mt. Philips (11.7k). I hope my knee holds out, or my kids will be playing that Life of Brian video sooner than planned. I'm going to wear the horsehead mask to scare away bears. Sure glad Sports Authority is going out of business; I got a good deal on socks and a rainsuit.
I think you're the first guy I've heard of that's gotten a good deal out of the worst going out of business sale ever.

Have fun!

I think you're the first guy I've heard of that's gotten a good deal out of the worst going out of business sale ever.

Have fun!
haha. Yeah was talking about that yesterday with someone. was so excited to get there, but when I walked in , i was, "what the hell?" Everything was picked over already or "not eligible for discount ". They did have a lot of balaclavas for 50% off tho

:thumbsup: Did they bronze it with your baby booties?

My best friend in high school had to move away our senior year between semesters. A couple months later he mailed me an MIP ticket he had just recieved. I posted it on our school bulletin board for everyone to see. :Biggrin:

After a few days one of the teachers noticed it and took it down. :thumbsdown::Thumbsdown:

Is that teacher an HM mod now? :Woohoo2:

Is that teacher an HM mod now? :Woohoo2:

giphy.gif

I hiked around New Mexico for a couple weeks way back in 1972, as a boy scout at Philmont Scout ranch. It was a time I'll never forget

I hiked around New Mexico for a couple weeks way back in 1972, as a boy scout at Philmont Scout ranch. It was a time I'll never forget

That's where I'm going. I was there in 2010 with son #1. Now I"m going with son #2. If my knee holds out and I can keep off the pounds, I may go again in 5 yrs with son #3.

How long of a trek are you taking RDR? With all the side hikes added in I went well over 120 miles in 9 days if I remember correctly. I've still got a piece of an aircraft from a crash on Mount Baldy that I took as a souvenir.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back