• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tailgate Fish Fry

Never tried it but i bet i could cook up something. If not I always have cookies

FB_IMG_1560291098148.jpg

They've turned our toobs down to 3000cfs from 30,000. Water will stabilize within the next couple of days. Will be fishing this weekend. I think our water temps are still mid to high 60's so may catch some late spawners (crappies), we'll be targeting saugeye mostly.

Last edited:

Crappie we caught today still full of eggs, if I didn't have to work today I would have had 50 crappie. Water dropped 3' from 8 am to 4 pm, crappie moved out

Lol, just wet and more white from wading. We're going to hit it hard this weekend for saugeye, hopefully multiple limits.
I admit, I had to look that up, as I thought it was perhaps a typo. That is completely new to me there....

Saugeye - (ODNR) Division of Wildlife - Ohio Department of Natural ...

wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/fishing/fishing-tips-by-species/saugeye

Saugeye are a hatchery-produced hybrid made from a cross between a female walleye and a male sauger that are particularly well-suited for Ohio reservoirs.

I admit, I had to look that up, as I thought it was perhaps a typo. That is completely new to me there....

Saugeye - (ODNR) Division of Wildlife - Ohio Department of Natural ...
wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/fishing/fishing-tips-by-species/saugeye

Saugeye are a hatchery-produced hybrid made from a cross between a female walleye and a male sauger that are particularly well-suited for Ohio reservoirs.
I typically say walleye, but some smart Ash will correct me so I said it right. I'll be down fishing and someone will ask doing any good? Yeah catching walleye....they say you mean saugeye? I'm like yeah man whatever same difference they taste the same.

I typically say walleye, but some smart Ash will correct me so I said it right. I'll be down fishing and someone will ask doing any good? Yeah catching walleye....they say you mean saugeye? I'm like yeah man whatever same difference they taste the same.
|That was going to be my next question. Very cool indeed. :thumbsup:

If they taste like a walleye fill up your freezer. I’d take them over crappie any day

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back