• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tailgate Fish Fry

If they taste like a walleye fill up your freezer. I’d take them over crappie any day
Hoping for a big haul over the weekend. College is out so I get to take my son and his buddies that won't keep more than a quart size bag for themselves.
Going this morning for and hour and a half before work, it's raining so that should help.

Last edited:
I'd take crappie and walleye over catfish any day too. Hell, I'd take most any fish over catfish, except maybe carp. LOL....
Flathead is really good meat, not your typical catfish, these are 95% live bait only fish. Nice white meat, I always soak everything in salt water first also.

Limited out on walleye 3 days last week, but with warmer weather starting it's time to hit the Wyoming lakes - deeper and a little cooler, so hoping to see success in the 20" and plus range.

Limited out on walleye 3 days last week, but with warmer weather starting it's time to hit the Wyoming lakes - deeper and a little cooler, so hoping to see success in the 20" and plus range.
I'd like to get into some hogs, yesterday's biggest one was 20".

Starting to look more like walleye and crappie mixture this year, we had a four man limit yesterday with a few nice walleye. Also ran into a nice group of crappie.

I can't tell the difference in taste between perch and walleye. Northern is really good too if you know someone who can filet out the Y bones. All 3 are delicious IMO
put in a blender make fish patties gets rid of the bones

Last edited:
My brother text me last night that a friend his friends were on Sam Rayburn yesterday and they caught 115 keeper Crappie. Sounds like a very good day.

My brother text me last night that a friend his friends were on Sam Rayburn yesterday and they caught 115 keeper Crappie. Sounds like a very good day.
Definitely jealous, we caught 100 last season on several occasions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back