• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tackling

A lot of the team looked disinterested last night. More than once I saw players walking away from the play when others were trying to tackle a MN player.

A lot of the team looked disinterested last night. More than once I saw players walking away from the play when others were trying to tackle a MN player.
I saw this also during the game and had to rewatch this morning thinking perhaps it was my imagination.

Well, we already hired a nice guy as coach and he sucked. We also hired a mean guy as coach and we didn't like his yelling. We're running out of options here.

I'm right in the middle. I can be nice and I can yell.

Hell, I'LL DO IT!!!

After the President thing, so you'll have to wait until 2024.

Only if you agree to run the triple option and 5-2 defense. Those are the ONLY ways to win.

I'll do the triple option....since it's the only thing I'd know how to coach on offense, but I'm a 4-3 guy. We actually won THREE national championships with a 4-3.

Where do I sign?

I'll do the triple option....since it's the only thing I'd know how to coach on offense, but I'm a 4-3 guy. We actually won THREE national championships with a 4-3.

Where do I sign?

Won't work anymore. Only a 5-2. And you can only hire people with Husker ties. And only recruit Nebraska kids.

Won't work anymore. Only a 5-2. And you can only hire people with Husker ties. And only recruit Nebraska kids.

You're making this too hard.

Charleston Southern might need a new head coach next year and there are some benefits.

• Better food in Charleston.
  • Women on the right end of the 'Crazy/Hot' matrix.
  • No requirements as to running a certain offense or defense
  • They don't care who plays there as long as they pay tuition if they're not schollie kids.
You can be a coordinator if you'd like. Isn't that how this works?

You're making this too hard.

Charleston Southern might need a new head coach next year and there are some benefits.

• Better food in Charleston.
  • Women on the right end of the 'Crazy/Hot' matrix.
  • No requirements as to running a certain offense or defense
  • They don't care who plays there as long as they pay tuition if they're not schollie kids.
You can be a coordinator if you'd like. Isn't that how this works?

No, but I know MadRat is eminently qualified

Yep.

So if we made Minnie’s backs look like Jonathan Taylor, who are we gonna make Jonathon look like?

It’s true that our defense was on the field a ridiculous amount of time. However, I’m not sure poor tackling technique takes more energy that good tackling technique...not to mention that poor tackling clearly extended many of Minnie’s drives, to your original point.
Melvin Gordan

Fleck made the same point as @huskerthill

“We felt if we could get them running sideways, their (line)backers wouldn’t fit right, then we (would) be able to run well. We did that. Then our (running) backs broke tackles. Even when they did it right our backs broke tackles and made some plays.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back