• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

T.V. Exposure?

hpride1982

Recruit
5 Year Member
I thought when we moved to the B10 we were going to be wowed by all this T.V. time? What's the deal? I have seen fewer men's games (probably a good thing) than before and when the 23rd ranked lady skers were playing 17th ranked Penn St. they chose to air a ranked wisconsin team against an unranked foe. What gives? The lady skers are all I have to look forward to with the always inept mens team and the football team limping to the finish.

IMO, if you have lived in the Big 12 footprint, you probably don't see that much of a difference in TV coverage. Moving the B1G wasn't getting NU on ESPN more often. If you live outside the Big 12 footprint, and have BTN, you likely see a difference in games on TV. The Big 12 did a good job of getting basketball games on TV, but most of those games were syndicated.

As far as women's sports, that's not a priority for the BTN. I think I remember seeing a Cook remark regarding volleyball on TV. He was upset that NU volleyball wouldn't be on NET as much with the move to the BTN. Well, only people in Nebraska get NET, so even though the NU volleyball team played a game or two fewer on TV, they were actually playing to a bigger audience overall, since their games were getting nationally broadcast, instead of being broadcast through syndication.

Also, I believe every single men's and women's conference game will be available on BTN.com or BTN2go, which are actually a good services. That's something the Big 12 didn't offer.

Last edited:

Living in Indiana I get to see a ton more games with the BTN than before, espically in hoops since alot of our football games are on national tv anyways.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back