• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sweep Texas?

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
If/when we win tomorrow? We will own the state of TX. 1st round small TX school TSU. Next Round big private school. Next step is the everythings big dog.

Go get em girls.

Last edited:
That is the "If" in the first sentence. I get your point though. BTW how is the wife?
Slow progress. I need to update the other thread. One of the big issues now is tingling / numbness in her arms / legs. But slowly she's getting stronger. Also she gets out of breath easily, due to her limited lung capacity.

Bigtime matchup with the Horns. Nebraska won't sweep 'em 3-0. I saw a tournament power rankings that had Nebraska #2 and Texas #3 -- and suggesting if those two teams meet (which they are), it's a shame because they are both too good to meet that early. GBR!

Bigtime matchup with the Horns. Nebraska won't sweep 'em 3-0. I saw a tournament power rankings that had Nebraska #2 and Texas #3 -- and suggesting if those two teams meet (which they are), it's a shame because they are both too good to meet that early. GBR!
I did not mean they would sweep this match. I meant they would beat 3 texas teams to get to the final 4 sorry for the misunderstanding.

Up Next: Nebraska will face the winner of the Texas-Penn State match on Monday

Nebraska Post-Match Notes
  • Nebraska advanced to its ninth consecutive NCAA Regional Final and its 30th overall.
  • The Huskers' streak of nine straight NCAA Regional Finals is the longest in the country.
  • Nebraska's 30 overall appearances in an NCAA Regional Final are the most in NCAA history.
  • The Huskers improved to 118-33 all-time in the NCAA Tournament. The Huskers rank second in NCAA history in postseason wins and winning percentage (.781).
  • Nebraska improved to 30-6 all-time in NCAA Regional Semifinal matches.
  • Nebraska has won 87 consecutive NCAA Tournament matches when taking a 2-0 lead in sets. The Huskers are 89-1 all-time in the postseason when winning the first two sets.
  • John Cook has led Nebraska to an NCAA Regional Final in 18 of his 21 seasons.
  • John Cook improved to 85-21 in his NCAA Tournament career. He ranks third in NCAA history in career NCAA Tournament victories.
  • John Cook is now 77-16 in the NCAA Tournament as Nebraska's head coach. His .828 winning percentage is the top mark in NCAA history among any coach with at least 20 NCAA Tournament matches at one school.
  • Lexi Sun had a career-high five aces. Her five aces tied the Nebraska record for most aces in a three-set NCAA Tournament match. Sun also led Nebraska with 12 kills on a .345 attack percentage.

I noticed Riley Zuhn had her left arm in a sling. Obviously I don't know why, but curious if maybe this was a good time (because of her foot injury) to "clean up" something via surgery, e.g., shoulder or elbow?

I haven't seen anything on Stivrins status for today's match. Maybe Cook will simply allow this to be a game time decision?
I can't find anything
not even when the game is on TV today
I hear ESPNU and ESPN 2
very confusing
DISH shows 4 pm & 7:30 mtn time
Then, Tuesday @4:30 am & 6:30 am,
then repeats(?) 8:30 & 10:30
Confusing!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back