• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Super Six – Games Played

Nightman Cometh

Recruit
5 Year Member
With the recent release of the Super Six – I figured I’d go back and revisit past Super Six recruits to see how they’ve panned out. I expected to find a bunch of terrible choices, I would say it’s been a mixed bag.

I wanted to do a deeper analysis but found it difficult to quantify some of these careers so I kept it simple.

How many games did each person play? It’s misleading in some cases, Matt Snyder (TE, California, 2015 class) played in 7 games on special teams and never started. But as an overall measure, it evens out. If anyone wants to do a deeper dive, I have a spreadsheet I can send you.

What did I find?

The most games played of any super six class was 2016 who averaged 30.3 games played for their career, led by Dismuke, Lamar Jackson, Farniok and Spielman. The worst super six among classes without a currently active player was 2017 (Calibraska), with an average of 17.8 games played, led by Gebbia, Blades, Avery Roberts, and Tyjon Lindsey. The lone bright spot from 2017 was Damion Daniels who played in 43 games.

2014 & 2015 were similar with 26.2 & 27.8 average games played. 2019 has the chance to be a special class if Benhart, Gates, Henrich, and Robinson finish strong. They’re already at 24.8 games played. 2020 & 2021 could be disasters unless some of these guys pick it up, they sit at 13.6 & 4.6 games played right now. We’ll see.

The extra Covid year plays into this and it’s only six players so it’s not indicative of the entire class. Take it for what it’s worth and don’t judge how I spend my Sunday mornings.

Last edited:

With the recent release of the Super Six – I figured I’d go back and revisit past Super Six recruits to see how they’ve panned out. I expected to find a bunch of terrible choices, I would say it’s been a mixed bag.

I wanted to do a deeper analysis but found it difficult to quantify some of these careers so I kept it simple.

How many games did each person play? It’s misleading in some cases, Matt Snyder (TE, California, 2015 class) played in 7 games on special teams and never started. But as an overall measure, it evens out. If anyone wants to do a deeper dive, I have a spreadsheet I can send you.

What did I find?

The most games played of any super six class was 2016 who averaged 30.3 games played for their career, led by Dismuke, Lamar Jackson, Farniok and Spielman. The worst super six among class without a currently active player was in 2017 (Calibraska), with an average of 17.8 games played, led by Gebbia, Blades, Avery Roberts, and Tyjon Lindsey. The lone bright spot from 2017 was Damion Daniels who played in 43 games.

2014 & 2015 were similar with 26.2 & 27.8 average games played. 2019 has the chance to be a special class if Benhart, Gates, Henrich, and Robinson finish strong. They’re already at 24.8 games played. 2020 & 2021 could be disasters unless some of these guys pick it up, they sit at 13.6 & 4.6 games played right now. We’ll see.

The extra Covid year plays into this and it’s only six players so it’s not indicative of the entire class. Take it for what it’s worth and don’t judge how I spend my Sunday mornings.
Can you break it down by position? It may reveal coaching/recruiting weaknesses

It's hard to draw definitive conclusions from this. I'm including the 2023 class who obviously hasn't played yet. But here is the breakdown of super six recruits, games played by position since 2014.

Position#GPGP avgActive Players
OL1024224.23
DL818122.64
RB57114.22
WR811714.62
QB66310.53
DB12204173
TE2841
LB917619.52

Last edited:

What did I find?

The most games played of any super six class was 2016 who averaged 30.3 games played for their career, led by Dismuke, Lamar Jackson, Farniok and Spielman. The worst super six among classes without a currently active player was 2017 (Calibraska), with an average of 17.8 games played, led by Gebbia, Blades, Avery Roberts, and Tyjon Lindsey. The lone bright spot from 2017 was Damion Daniels who played in 43 games.

Love your research. Keep it up. Passion comes in many forms but I’ll take research over blind emotional statements or speculation that is usually false

Last edited:
It's hard to draw definitive conclusions from this. I'm including the 2023 class who obviously hasn't played yet. But here is the breakdown of super six recruits, games played by position since 2014.

Position#GPGP avgPlayers still Active
OL1024224.23
DL818122.64
RB57114.22
WR811714.62
QB66310.53
DB12204173
TE2841
LB917619.52
This is good stuff right here.
Through 3 coaches, we can see where we've really been hurting, RB, WR and for lack of QB super six picks in its own.
Though our OL and DL look good, many had to start as true frosh, and not because they could play guard for the chiefs for a decade or so.
IMO, starting early hurts OL IF they arent already ready.

Nice work!

This is good stuff right here.
Through 3 coaches, we can see where we've really been hurting, RB, WR and for lack of QB super six picks in its own.
Though our OL and DL look good, many had to start as true frosh, and not because they could play guard for the chiefs for a decade or so.
IMO, starting early hurts OL IF they arent already ready.

Nice work!
Thanks. There are a lot of variables to consider. OL & DL are helped by the fact that there are more of them on the field at one time. If you're playing more than one QB in a game it's probably because something bad happened.

Thanks. There are a lot of variables to consider. OL & DL are helped by the fact that there are more of them on the field at one time. If you're playing more than one QB in a game it's probably because something bad happened.
I think QB numbers are skewed by 2AM. I do not believe he was a super 6 yet took majority of snaps during this period. Then last year CT did the same. He would not have counted.as a super 6 since he was a transfer.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back