• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Super Regionals 2021

I just hope that kid Kopps' arm is not hurt by the selfish act by Van Horn
^This…

And if it is…there is going to be hell to pay….

There is going to be that anyway even if he’s not hurt. There have been huge and I mean huge expectations on this team since the beginning of the year….and it just kept building and getting even more demanding on their team.

I wonder if the over expectations are what caused them to play so…average.

I know you guys are all fired up with their fans but I feel kinda bad for the Arkansas kids. They didn’t do anything except have probably one of the best seasons in the history of the SEC and then fail miserably. That’s got to hurt those kids.

They seem like fine athletes and good kids. I didn’t see trash talk or poor attitude. Just baseball. And their defense was very sound. I hated their free hacking big swing hitting approach and their lack of small ball.

But I’m just an old fashioned grumpy guy.

Last edited:

I see my misunderstanding in previous post. Oh well, just glad they're not coming to Omaha and I don't have to look at their name anymore.
Arky possibly avoided total animosity for what they did to Mojo
A great kid, abused because of some jerks who are not sports fans, but just some bandwaggoners who look for players to insult. When I heard that, I was astonished, people would go out their way to be so disrespectful

Happy, my kids never never acted so immaturely.

I kept thinking the exact same thing on the six games that I’ve watched them now.

How on earth did they get through a tough conference like the SEC with that just that approach. Which then brings to question the entire SEC which was dominated by Arkansas.

I mean the first game against a North Carolina State they absolutely pulverized them. But it was the same stuff….home runs.

I think we exposed their weakness and they got lucky with that 8th inning.

And they didn’t get lucky against North Carolina State.

Lordy I would’ve loved to play those guys. What a superb match up! Two scrappers in a junk yard dog fight!

After the first game I thought they would be a weak opponent but now I think it would’ve been a wonderful battle!
As I have said, maybe the SEC/ACC are really not that great.
Arky's weakness was starters & lack of other relievers.
They only had the kid to rely on
Looks like they lacked another starter, also.

Arky possibly avoided total animosity for what they did to Mojo
A great kid, abused because of some jerks who are not sports fans, but just some bandwaggoners who look for players to insult. When I heard that, I was astonished, people would go out their way to be so disrespectful

Happy, my kids never never acted so immaturely.
True. It's not like a handful of fans near them were acting badly. Sounded like the whole stadium joined in. Came thru on radio strongly. Bad on their school for creating such an incident.

True. It's not like a handful of fans near them were acting badly. Sounded like the whole stadium joined in. Came thru on radio strongly. Bad on their school for creating such an incident.
Nothing like Karma, my friend. Nothing! :)

Wow! Can’t believe Arkansas lost - but goes to show you can’t rely on home runs and a few pitchers. They even brought wicklander (sp?) their Friday starter to close it out...they must not be very deep on pitchers.

So far here’s who’s in to the CWS:

Stanford
Tennessee
NC state
Vandy

At max, the sec will only have 4 teams in... would like to see only 2-3 sec teams make it just for variety. We’ll see how tomorrow pans out

IMG_5736.jpg

So far here’s who’s in to the CWS:

Stanford
Tennessee
NC state
Vandy

At max, the sec will only have 4 teams in... would like to see only 2-3 sec teams make it just for variety. We’ll see how tomorrow pans out
Barring any crazy comebacks... Texas and Arizona will be headed to the CWS as well.

Monday will determine the final 2 seeds... Dallas Baptist vs Virginia and Mississppi St vs Notre Dame.

Looks like SEC will have at max 3 teams. Still the most of all conferences but glad it's not 5.

SEC is good in all sports because they take it seriously…

Spend money to make money….

Keep politics completely out

And don’t have Kevin Warren

Pretty simple formula really…..

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back