• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Super Bowl menus

NU_Alum

Husker Fan
5 Year Member
I love to cook and am putting together the menu for the fam for Sunday. Not that we are huge NFL fans, but we will watch the game.

We love wings so I'm guessing those are on the menu. I brine and double cook them to make sure they are crispy on the outside and still tender on the inside. What I'm looking for are some new sauce/rub recipes. Give me your best!

Always need a good dip as well. Spinach/artichoke or a cheese dip are big hits with the family as well. I'd love a really good spinach/artichoke dip or something a bit off the wall/different if someone has one.

Was debating getting out the smoker but the recipe would have to be amazing as the high is going to be 20 and it's likely to snow at least a little.

Other suggestions for dishes?

we are having pulled pork. Marinating chicken chunks in buffalo sauce to sear them off tomorrow. Veggies and blue cheese dip. stuffed jalapenos with cream cheese and sausage, topped with cheddar and a slice of avocado. deviled eggs. and pork rinds.

I was flying solo Sunday and was too lazy to cook so I had beer. Oh, and some chips. :thumbsup:

I fried some smashed tater tots and added egg and ham. And then had some amazing craft pilsner.

Love me some tots. I'll have to try this with some peppers and onions. Help me out with the tot process though, please.

Love me some tots. I'll have to try this with some peppers and onions. Help me out with the tot process though, please.

I just throw frozen tots into a frying pan of oil. After a minute or two, they defrost and I chop them up with my spatula. Then when they get crispy, I season and add whatever. You know, eggs, bacon, cheese, peppers and onions. Saves a good 15 minutes of dicing potatoes.

I just throw frozen tots into a frying pan of oil. After a minute or two, they defrost and I chop them up with my spatula. Then when they get crispy, I season and add whatever. You know, eggs, bacon, cheese, peppers and onions. Saves a good 15 minutes of dicing potatoes.

Thanks. That's the part I was trying to figure out, thawed or still frozen. I've done something similar with pulled pork, diced potatoes, onions and peppers. Good hash. Thanks, again.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back