• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Super Bowl LIII game thread

Definitely impressive that New England has held onto this dynasty for as long as they have. It's Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. The greatest head coach-QB combo of all-time -- by a lot.

Just for fun ...

There has been 9 different Super Bowl Champs in the past 13 years (7 for the AFC, 6 for the NFC, 3 for New England).

2007: Colts
2008: Giants
2009: Steelers
2010: Saints
2011: Packers
2012: Giants
2013: Ravens
2014: Seahawks
2015: Patriots
2016: Broncos
2017: Patriots
2018: Eagles
2019: Patriots

College football -- has had 7 different champions over that same span (8 for the SEC, 3 for the ACC, 1 for the Big Ten, 5 for Alabama, all Southern schools -- except for OSU).

2007: LSU
2008: Florida
2009: Alabama
2010: Auburn
2011: Alabama
2012: Alabama
2013: Florida State
2014: Ohio State
2015: Alabama
2016: Clemson
2017: Alabama
2018: Clemson
One of the points that has to be remembered is that NE has held this dynasty in the era of free agency. Back when the Packers, Dolphins, Steelers, Niners and Cowboys and many other teams dominated, you had no real free agency. There was also no payroll cap. So teams who drafted well could stack up depth. Yeah, players would hold out, because that was the only way they could get money; but accommodations (not as good as free agency) would be made. But very solid backups, who would have been starters on any other team, would be kept on the roster.

So while you now have the ability to go and get free agents, you lose just as many. It is tougher for real good teams to continually win at free agency. That is what makes the NE run so amazing. And yes, while another poster wants to give greater credit to Belichick vs. Brady; they both are pretty amazing as has been the whole organization. Yeah, other coaches and organizations have done well and had great runs, but NE has surpassed them all.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1549314140977.jpg

I think Nevada as a dessert. Guess there is higher elevations
Yeah, I live up in the mountains and it's been snowing since Friday. Well over 2 feet at lake level, and I imagine over 4 + feet at the summits. We've had several storms dump up to 5 feet since I've lived here but the road crews do a great job plowing and keeping the main roads open and passable. Certain highways however, do get closed down. My weekend is going to be awesome as I will be snow shoeing again this week and I'm going to be giving my camera a workout. WOOT!

Yeah, I live up in the mountains and it's been snowing since Friday. Well over 2 feet at lake level, and I imagine over 4 + feet at the summits. We've had several storms dump up to 5 feet since I've lived here but the road crews do a great job plowing and keeping the main roads open and passable. Certain highways however, do get closed down. My weekend is going to be awesome as I will be snow shoeing again this week and I'm going to be giving my camera a workout. WOOT!

Post some photos on here if you don't mind. I lived in Reno for a time about 30 years ago. Beautiful country out there.

I was married on Lake Tahoe. Love that area.

Being a contrarian, I don't think Brady is a top 5 QB of all time. He has tons of time to throw to wide open WRs. Trevor Lawrence could do it (oh wait he did).

I did Super Bowl stats on Brady, Montana, Aikman and Bradshaw. Montana #1, Bradshaw and Aikman literal tie for 2nd, Brady a distant 4th. He is part of a system, you don't think Marino, Favre, Rodgers, Kelly etc etc woudn't have done the same thing in the NE system? Seattle and Atlanta gave NE two Super Bowls and the Rams failed to show up for about 55 minutes of the Super Bowl. At best Brady is 4-5 in Super Bowls. Count in the cheating, ref favoritism they are more likely 3-6 in Super Bowls. If you can't figure the NFL is rigged and Vegas owns them, I got a lot of premium swamp land for you

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back