• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Super Bowl Chow

DIHRDHskr

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Always a great day for food and it is also my birthday on the 7th, so I have to make a home made german chocolate cake with twist of doing it in the shape of a football. Got the baking mold, so I'm good. Now to the rest; smoked baby backs with a Justin Wilson cajun seasoning (add some brown sugar), baked beans, potato salad, beer-battered deep-fried pickles/mushrooms/jalapenos, veggie tray, cheese/meat platter, Yuengling, bourbon, all followed by a food coma by halftime! My wife is looking forward to the two us kicking back to enjoy the food and festivities.

Any ideas for something new/different?

I just made a bunch of summer sausage a few weeks ago, so there will be slices with cheese. Probably some cauliflower, broccoli, and kohlrabi for dipping. Maybe make some chicken breast hot bites: marinate overnight in Frank's Red Hot, then light breading made with crushed pork rinds and broiled. Maybe some smoked pork butt. Not really sure at this point.

None of the really good stuff that raises my blood sugar though. :(

Yep, the cake I do once a year on my birthday. My mom's recipe. We try to keep the rest fairly healthy but obviously the shrooms, jalapenos, and pickles battered and fried are not very healthy. Once a year, what the heck!

Yep, the cake I do once a year on my birthday. My mom's recipe. We try to keep the rest fairly healthy but obviously the shrooms, jalapenos, and pickles battered and fried are not very healthy. Once a year, what the heck!
We were discussing the garden last night and okra was mentioned. Much to my surprise my wife has never had fried okra. We shall be changing that oversight rather soon. Oh, maybe some pickled okra. and zucchini fries for the S.B. as well.

We were discussing the garden last night and okra was mentioned. Much to my surprise my wife has never had fried okra. We shall be changing that oversight rather soon. Oh, maybe some pickled okra. and zucchini fries for the S.B. as well.
The hot pickled okra always makes it to our relish tray. I learned to throw the okra in my gumbo at the last minute so it wouldn't get slimy. We love trying different food from all over the world. I enjoy spending time in the kitchen coming up with new and different recipes. She appreciates the fact that she rarely has to cook, and I look at my time in the kitchen as an escape from the crazy stuff going on in the world.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back