• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sunday Scrimmage Video: things seen

huskerfbnation tweeted out a scrimage video this morning:

things seen

1. Guy Thomas taking down Devine Ozigbo solo in the backfield, Breon Dixon in the shot
  2. A-Magic in a pile of lineman (Sichterman having apparently been beat by Carlos Davis). he (martinez) leaps over some bodies (one of them is Khalil Davis) and tries to stiff-arm Carlos davis - results not shown, but i'm going to go ahead and bet on Big Davis there, Peyton Newell playing D-end on the play
  3. Peyton Newell moving laterally to engulf an unidentified running back at the line - (i love Newell's #99 jersey look), Collin Miller also in pursuit. Jaron Woodyard blocking Braxton Clark in front of the play
  4. Tristin Gebbia hitting Jack Stoll with a perfect ball for a TD. Gebbia throwing from ~14 yard line. Breon Dixon in the shot close to Gebbia, but being blocked by Greg Bell. Stoll celebrates the touchdown with Conor young who seems to have been on the field for the play. the player trailing Stoll on Defense was Mo Barry (this one took some serious investigative work, but its a fact)
  5. Mike Williams ( catches a ball - catch not on video) running outside and turning the corner past defender #10 (need some help identifying - new guy) #10 misses a tackle, Williams breaks upfield and looks GOOD, Martinez was qb on the play. Olinemen in the shot include Jaimas, Foster, and M Farniok, so this is definitely what you would call a 1st-team offensive rep. Will Honas was in-pursuit downfield, and you can see Khalil Davis, Alex Davis, and Dedrick Young near LOS in background
  6. Jaylin Bradley getting swallowed up at LOS by Weinmaster (giant fruit-loop practice drill really paying off) weinmaster on the field with Vainuku, Avery Anderson, some wite guy wearing #54. O-linemin shown are Brokop, Trent Hixon, and young Farniok (beautiful hair), tight end is Kurt Rafdal. I think this is clearly </= 2nd team rep
  7. Pernell Jefferson, Casey Rodgers, and David Alston celebrating a good play that we are not shown. OLineman John Raridon was on the field for the play
  8. Tristen Gebbia running around the right side turning upfield, and protecting the ball well in his outside arm (if you're into that sort of thing)
  9. Avery anderson and Eli Sullivan (safety) apparently failing to tackle #31 Kade Warner after a reception - Ball was thrown by Andrew Bunch - Defensive lineman Fyn Anderson was on the field for this Play
  10. Jaron Woodyard catching an over-the-shoulder ball in stride while being covered by Braxton Clark(#15 FYI), Clark makes the tackle immediately after the reception
  11. Dedrick Young tackling Greg Bell, Will Hones and carlos davis also in on play. you see Tanner Farmer attempting (unsuccessfully) to get to Young and block him on the play, also see Brenden Jaimes on oline
  12. unidentifed D-lineman sheds a Hunter Miller (OL #66) block to swallow up Devine Ozigbo near the line, Mohammed Barry in the shot, as well as a defender (#8) that i don't recognize
  13. Unidentified d-back just barely tipping a jump-ball away from a pass-catcher - can't identify either of them
  14. Rafdal jumping up to receive a pass over Maquel Dismuke for a TD, in the background you have Eric Lee Jr. guarding jaevon McQuitty. Rafdal celebrates with Gebbia who, we can assume, threw it

takeaways - both Gebbia and Marinez are shown with 1st teamers, Bunch on the other hand, is playing with the scrubs... this is not a 3-man race. a couple plays where you see Dedrick young and Honas playing next to eachother in the middle of that Defense - i think we should get used to that. Avery Anderson is not running with the first-team defense. Mondays are my day-off so don't @ me.

Post of the Year. Thank you.

I just imagined the Will Ferrell blackout debate scene from ‘Old School’ as you writing all of that info. Thanks for the great post

huskerfbnation tweeted out a scrimage video this morning:

things seen

1. Guy Thomas taking down Devine Ozigbo solo in the backfield, Breon Dixon in the shot
  2. A-Magic in a pile of lineman (Sichterman having apparently been beat by Carlos Davis). he (martinez) leaps over some bodies (one of them is Khalil Davis) and tries to stiff-arm Carlos davis - results not shown, but i'm going to go ahead and bet on Big Davis there, Peyton Newell playing D-end on the play
  3. Peyton Newell moving laterally to engulf an unidentified running back at the line - (i love Newell's #99 jersey look), Collin Miller also in pursuit. Jaron Woodyard blocking Braxton Clark in front of the play
  4. Tristin Gebbia hitting Jack Stoll with a perfect ball for a TD. Gebbia throwing from ~14 yard line. Breon Dixon in the shot close to Gebbia, but being blocked by Greg Bell. Stoll celebrates the touchdown with Conor young who seems to have been on the field for the play. the player trailing Stoll on Defense was Mo Barry (this one took some serious investigative work, but its a fact)
  5. Mike Williams ( catches a ball - catch not on video) running outside and turning the corner past defender #10 (need some help identifying - new guy) #10 misses a tackle, Williams breaks upfield and looks GOOD, Martinez was qb on the play. Olinemen in the shot include Jaimas, Foster, and M Farniok, so this is definitely what you would call a 1st-team offensive rep. Will Honas was in-pursuit downfield, and you can see Khalil Davis, Alex Davis, and Dedrick Young near LOS in background
  6. Jaylin Bradley getting swallowed up at LOS by Weinmaster (giant fruit-loop practice drill really paying off) weinmaster on the field with Vainuku, Avery Anderson, some wite guy wearing #54. O-linemin shown are Brokop, Trent Hixon, and young Farniok (beautiful hair), tight end is Kurt Rafdal. I think this is clearly </= 2nd team rep
  7. Pernell Jefferson, Casey Rodgers, and David Alston celebrating a good play that we are not shown. OLineman John Raridon was on the field for the play
  8. Tristen Gebbia running around the right side turning upfield, and protecting the ball well in his outside arm (if you're into that sort of thing)
  9. Avery anderson and Eli Sullivan (safety) apparently failing to tackle #31 Kade Warner after a reception - Ball was thrown by Andrew Bunch - Defensive lineman Fyn Anderson was on the field for this Play
  10. Jaron Woodyard catching an over-the-shoulder ball in stride while being covered by Braxton Clark(#15 FYI), Clark makes the tackle immediately after the reception
  11. Dedrick Young tackling Greg Bell, Will Hones and carlos davis also in on play. you see Tanner Farmer attempting (unsuccessfully) to get to Young and block him on the play, also see Brenden Jaimes on oline
  12. unidentifed D-lineman sheds a Hunter Miller (OL #66) block to swallow up Devine Ozigbo near the line, Mohammed Barry in the shot, as well as a defender (#8) that i don't recognize
  13. Unidentified d-back just barely tipping a jump-ball away from a pass-catcher - can't identify either of them
  14. Rafdal jumping up to receive a pass over Maquel Dismuke for a TD, in the background you have Eric Lee Jr. guarding jaevon McQuitty. Rafdal celebrates with Gebbia who, we can assume, threw it

takeaways - both Gebbia and Marinez are shown with 1st teamers, Bunch on the other hand, is playing with the scrubs... this is not a 3-man race. a couple plays where you see Dedrick young and Honas playing next to eachother in the middle of that Defense - i think we should get used to that. Avery Anderson is not running with the first-team defense. Mondays are my day-off so don't @ me.

Nice job, Barnum. Even if you did give away the whole game plan to Akron. ;)

I wouldn't get too excited over a 15 second mashup of plays that look good. I think Riley's audio visual team did similar things over the last couple pre seasons that made it seem the team was as great as all get out, and we know how the team really played in games. Grain of salt, please

I wouldn't get too excited over a 15 second mashup of plays that look good. I think Riley's audio visual team did similar things over the last couple pre seasons that made it seem the team was as great as all get out, and we know how the team really played in games. Grain of salt, please
I don't think anyone is making a mountain out of that 15 second clip except for one certain AM fan boy.

Riley is not the coach this year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back