• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Summer 2021

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
(Saw this elsewhere and thought worth posting here: :Redface:)

World-Herald had a bit of a summer update today - a couple of notes:

• Players return to campus June 4
  • Tominaga is trying to qualify for Japan's 3x3 Olympic team, so he'll be a little late getting to campus ... or a lot late if it goes well
  • Kojenets is playing in an international tournament, so he'll be late as well

Otherwise, it should be a relatively normal summer in how the players can work out, can use facilities, etc., unlike 2020.

And I've seen alternative views of players arriving late because of various extra 'tournaments' the question being, who is better off?

i.e. (also from another site: :Redface:)
What's our success rate for these guys doing these tournaments and then coming in either, 1. completely ready and gelled with the team, or 2. just a different level of player because of the experience they got?

Jack McVeigh - absolutely not
Yvan - absolutely not
Tai Webster - maybe? But probably not

But in Tominaga's case, this appears to be tryouts for Japan's Olympic team. (as I understand it 3v3 is now an Olympic Sport)

And I've seen alternative views of players arriving late because of various extra 'tournaments' the question being, who is better off?

i.e. (also from another site: :Redface:)

But in Tominaga's case, this appears to be tryouts for Japan's Olympic team. (as I understand it 3v3 is now an Olympic Sport)
I don’t think it was their late arrival that held them back, with Webster as the possible exception. Yvan wasn’t polished enough to be ready, and he was still challenged after a season and full offseason. Jack wasn’t ready for the speed, and he wouldn’t have been any more ready if he’d shown up 3 months earlier.

Just to keep us from getting too far ahead of ourselves: ;)

Bryce McGowens arriving as the headliner of the nation's No. 17 ranked recruiting class. McGowens is the program's highest-rated signee of the 247Sports era and is the No. 3 ranked incoming freshman within the Big Ten. The Cornhuskers are poised to creep toward competitiveness in the 2021-22 season and their incoming talent will be a big reason why.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back