• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Suh wanted Miles as basketball coach...

NE FREAK

'17 Camaro 2SS named NE FREAK
10 Year Member
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/26/at-nebraska-tom-osborne-is-afraid-not-to-listen-to-ndamukong-suh/

A football coach (Bohl), a football player and a volleyball coach had Tom's ear on this one. Interesting. ;)

As noted in Tim Miles press conference... Miles talked to Suh... very cool that Suh also contacted T.O. :)

(I'm so darn easily impressed these days -- hah!)

A football coach (Bohl), a football player and a volleyball coach had Tom's ear on this one. Interesting. ;)

And you probably can't even figure out why these three particular folk spoke up for Miles.

Your Husker bashing is laughable, at best.

And you probably can't even figure out why these three particular folk spoke up for Miles.

Your Husker bashing is laughable, at best.

Gee fRed...can't IMAGINE why Bohl and Petit had an opinion. Yeah, I know. But asking friends/acquaintances for honest assessments isn't always the best way to get the WHOLE story. Unless you are just looking for support for what you've already decided.

Husker bashing? Sorry. Not quite. I'd rather be a cynic than a true believer.

Last edited:
I have this thing about "group think". It's dangerous in the "real world"....now this is just basketball but still...people should think beyond the humor behind the great lines and the enthusiasm. It was no different when Doc was hired. And he was an absolute disaster.

This was NOT a "no stones left unturned" search. And that, to me, is disappointing. TO could have hired Newt Gingrich as head coach and you'd be lauding the hire...but not everyone is as easy to satisfy as you.

There were folks that had Doc turning this program into a contender as well. Heck, Osborne was still convinced last year with the contract extension.

Suh was a great player at NU however since he left his behavior has been questionable when it comes to telling the truth ("I didn't stomp on that defense-less guy's arm on purpose"). Yea right, didn't look like it to me either..........LOL!

Last edited:

I have this thing about "group think". It's dangerous in the "real world"....now this is just basketball but still...people should think beyond the humor behind the great lines and the enthusiasm. It was no different when Doc was hired. And he was an absolute disaster.

This was NOT a "no stones left unturned" search. And that, to me, is disappointing. TO could have hired Newt Gingrich as head coach and you'd be lauding the hire...but not everyone is as easy to satisfy as you.

saying it's no different than Doc is a poor comparison. TM has been a HC for 17 years, Doc was a HC for 2 seasons prior to arriving here.

As for the vastness of the search, I wondered that to some degree as well, but Miles and Groce were my two favorites from the get go, so I'm good with the hire. Bottom line, NU has no BBall coaching tree or roots to propagate, and I wasn't looking forward to turning over the keys to some displaced name (Bruce Pearl) or a name with questionable ethics (Ben Howland).

everyone knows Newt can't recruit - but your TO jabs do grow tiresome.

Last edited:
saying it's no different than Doc is a poor comparison. TM has been a HC for 17 years, Doc was a HC for 2 seasons prior to arriving here.

As for the vastness of the search, I wondered that to some degree as well, but Miles and Groce were my two favorites from the get go, so I'm good with the hire. Bottom line, NU has no BBall coaching tree or roots to propagate, and I wasn't looking forward to turning over the keys to some displaced name (Bruce Pearl) or a name with questionable ethics (Ben Howland).

everyone knows Newt can't recruit - but your TO jabs do grow tiresome.

At least Doc had recruited in the big pond before. Tim hasn't. We'll see.

My jabs are more directed at Tom's Apostles. TO is a man in a high profile position. He's open to criticism and deserves some from time to time. Failure to worship the ground he walks on is not a jab. Pointing out that some weirdos actually DO worship the guy isn't a jab at him...it's a jab at them.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back