• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Suh to Tampa

When he went to LA with a one-year deal, the talk was he was doing this in order to raise his stalk to land one last, highly compensated multi-year contract. Now we find out he has signed another one-year deal for what appears to be less money for a lower tier team. Love Suh but don't like the trajectory of this for the big guy...
He’s going to need to have one of the best years of his career this year in order to land that contract. He was solid last year but not good enough to garner enough interest as evidenced by how long he was on the market and taking a nearly $5 mil pay cut for this season

He’s going to need to have one of the best years of his career this year in order to land that contract. He was solid last year but not good enough to garner enough interest as evidenced by how long he was on the market and taking a nearly $5 mil pay cut for this season
Maybe he retires this year after we win the Super Bowl

I am a fan of his clean play and wish he would have stayed with a SB contender and not become a mercenary signing one year contracts, hopping from team to team.

C
The man has a short career. I’m sure he’s set for life by now, but I totally support making as much money as you can while you can.

Suh will be in his 10th season in the NFL and will turn 33 midseason.

He's had a very solid NFL career, but very likely on the downward trend now. Still of value but not worth teams committing to him with long-term contracts -- or at least not big dollar contracts. To his credit, I don't believe he's ever missed a game due to injury. Suh keeps himself in incredible shape. But very few defensive lineman make it past their mid-30s.

Gerald McCoy is 13 months younger than Suh -- but McCoy's production dropped significantly last season. I would consider Suh an upgrade.

Cool, I support winning Super Bowl's.

C

Me too. When you have that many millions of dollars, is it really worth it to make only a few million more with a mediocre team? Especially since it seems like he’s been very smart with his money. Do you really need that much money? Stay in LA and get a ring. That’ll increase your chance of getting into the Hall of Fame and in the long run increase your name value so maybe you'd get that money back anyway.

But I’m clearly biased. Go Rams.

Me too. When you have that many millions of dollars, is it really worth it to make only a few million more with a mediocre team? Especially since it seems like he’s been very smart with his money. Do you really need that much money? Stay in LA and get a ring. That’ll increase your chance of getting into the Hall of Fame and in the long run increase your name value so maybe you'd get that money back anyway.

But I’m clearly biased. Go Rams.

I agree and I am not biased nor a Rams fan. Rooted for them to win the SB though.

C

Was that more of an anti-Patriots rooting stance?
Was for me!

A little bit yes but also a good friend is a Rams fan. And of course Suh and other players I like who play for the team. But yeah, I will always root for NE to lose the SB.

C

Which was better? Glover's performance against OU in '71 or Suh's performance against Texas in '09?
Glover had 22 tackles in that game, going up against the All-American center that year. Suh had 12 tackles total including 4.5 sacks and 7 tackles for a loss versus Texass.

I might call it a draw, but if you put a gun to my head I will go with Glover.

Glover had 22 tackles in that game, going up against the All-American center that year. Suh had 12 tackles total including 4.5 sacks and 7 tackles for a loss versus Texass.

I might call it a draw, but if you put a gun to my head I will go with Glover.
The one distinction. Glover occasionally faced a double team. TX was triple teaming Suh and he still got those numbers.

The one distinction. Glover occasionally faced a double team. TX was triple teaming Suh and he still got those numbers.
They were zone blocking most of the time, so there were often 2 OL blocking him at the start of the play, but one was supposed to release him to the other and climb to the next level. They weren't pushing him back, though, so almost all of their interior blocking was getting completely screwed up. Even when they did successfully block him with a double-team, if it was a running play, that meant that a LB was left unblocked to go hunting.

Gerald McCoy is 13 months younger than Suh -- but McCoy's production dropped significantly last season. I would consider Suh an upgrade.
You'd be surprised how many Bucs fans don't agree, which I don't understand at all, especially considering McCoy's tendancy to get hurt every year. I don't think it's even close, honestly.

The first time Lavonte and Suh combine for a sack or a TFL or something like that I'm going to lose it.

:Blackshirts:

A little bit yes but also a good friend is a Rams fan. And of course Suh and other players I like who play for the team. But yeah, I will always root for NE to lose the SB.

C
Makes NE winning it all that much sweeter for us Pats fans.... ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back